Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424127
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3552
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223724
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309491
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20215
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169135
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

[Test, sp55495] WIFI Unlock HP Pavilion DM1-4000
#11
Hi. I have a DM1-4108au (Australian version) and the whitelist is bothering me.

I am running Fedora 16 / 64 Linux.

The laptop comes with a dodgy Broadcom BCM94313 wireless / bluetooth chip that is poorly supported in Linux due to Broadcom DRM.

I want to try and install an Intel Wireless chip.

Will this modded bios work on a Fedora Linux install? I noted before that puppe13 had to rename the HP Recovery partition. I an not in that situation because I have removed the hard drive that came installed with WinDowZz 7.

I'm going to install a SSD shortly.

Is the modded bios being discussed in this forum compatible with a Linux install? Anyone know. I'd like to try it but don't want to brick my 2 week old laptop.

Thanks.

PS: This is a great website. Excellent work. Smile

find
quote
#12
The provided uitility works on Windows - not sure how to use it with Linux - you might want to try FreeDOS.

The risk of bricking your laptop is low given that you can reinstall the original BIOS following the instructions given in this Forum. However, I found the modded BIOS not working (i.e.: the laptop would not boot with it). This is unrelated to the used operating system.

My recommendation is: before you start, make sure you have understood what needs to be done in order to reinstall the original BIOS. Make sure you know how to remove the CMOS battery (it is a little tricky but not that hard).

If all else fails, put the following in your /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf:

blacklist brcm80211
blacklist brcmsmac
blacklist brcmfmac
blacklist bcm43xx
blacklist bcma

Usually the module named "wl" loads automatically and that way you get a working WLAN.

There are a couple of links some (or all?) are in German.

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/abstue...eg-pavili/
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1903054
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom_wireless
(02-13-2012, 11:25 PM)spinifex Wrote: Hi. I have a DM1-4108au (Australian version) and the whitelist is bothering me.

I am running Fedora 16 / 64 Linux.

The laptop comes with a dodgy Broadcom BCM94313 wireless / bluetooth chip that is poorly supported in Linux due to Broadcom DRM.

I want to try and install an Intel Wireless chip.

Will this modded bios work on a Fedora Linux install? I noted before that puppe13 had to rename the HP Recovery partition. I an not in that situation because I have removed the hard drive that came installed with WinDowZz 7.

I'm going to install a SSD shortly.

Is the modded bios being discussed in this forum compatible with a Linux install? Anyone know. I'd like to try it but don't want to brick my 2 week old laptop.

Thanks.

PS: This is a great website. Excellent work. Smile

find
quote
#13
(02-14-2012, 02:02 AM)puppe13 Wrote: The provided uitility works on Windows - not sure how to use it with Linux - you might want to try FreeDOS.

The risk of bricking your laptop is low given that you can reinstall the original BIOS following the instructions given in this Forum. However, I found the modded BIOS not working (i.e.: the laptop would not boot with it). This is unrelated to the used operating system.

My recommendation is: before you start, make sure you have understood what needs to be done in order to reinstall the original BIOS. Make sure you know how to remove the CMOS battery (it is a little tricky but not that hard).

If all else fails, put the following in your /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf:

blacklist brcm80211
blacklist brcmsmac
blacklist brcmfmac
blacklist bcm43xx
blacklist bcma

Usually the module named "wl" loads automatically and that way you get a working WLAN.

There are a couple of links some (or all?) are in German.

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/abstue...eg-pavili/
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1903054
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom_wireless
(02-13-2012, 11:25 PM)spinifex Wrote: Hi. I have a DM1-4108au (Australian version) and the whitelist is bothering me.

I am running Fedora 16 / 64 Linux.

The laptop comes with a dodgy Broadcom BCM94313 wireless / bluetooth chip that is poorly supported in Linux due to Broadcom DRM.

I want to try and install an Intel Wireless chip.

Will this modded bios work on a Fedora Linux install? I noted before that puppe13 had to rename the HP Recovery partition. I an not in that situation because I have removed the hard drive that came installed with WinDowZz 7.

I'm going to install a SSD shortly.

Is the modded bios being discussed in this forum compatible with a Linux install? Anyone know. I'd like to try it but don't want to brick my 2 week old laptop.

Thanks.

PS: This is a great website. Excellent work. Smile

Hi puppe13,

Thanks for the links. I've read the ubuntu but not the Arch or german ubuntu.

I've been mucking round with the drivers mentioned but every Kernel upgrade seems to break it. That is why I just want to move to an Intel chip and get it all over and done with.

I've still got the WinDowZz hard drive intact so I'll consider the tool used to flash in WinDowZz.

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep browsing this site and see if I can get my head around it all.

find
quote
#14
http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Whitelists...miloml.exe

New try for puppe13. let's see if this one does not brick the system and whitelist is gone.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#15
@ puppe13

How did this last bios mod go?

I'm interested in trying it on my DM1-4103au.

Thanks.

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)