Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6418
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14050
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424581
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224923
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119214
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309847
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 661
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20322
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169450
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6394
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Xeon X5450 Microcode Update [Dell Vostro 230]
#1
CPU sSpec is SLBBE. Lasest bios is flashed and can be found here. I had previously requested a mod for a L5408, which likely won't actually work with any 775 motherboard as it was buggy to the point of being unusable past post. However, I currently cannot even get the X5450 to post, so I suspect it will need a custom microcode update.
find
quote
#2
(01-19-2017, 08:33 PM)boredherobrine13 Wrote: I currently cannot even get the X5450 to post, so I suspect it will need a custom microcode update.
What happens when you tried to boot up this it? Do you use my BIOS mod (from other topic) now?
find
quote
#3
(01-20-2017, 09:51 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 08:33 PM)boredherobrine13 Wrote: I currently cannot even get the X5450 to post, so I suspect it will need a custom microcode update.
What happens when you tried to boot up this it? Do you use my BIOS mod (from other topic) now?

I have tried both the stock and your mod. CPU Does definitely /warm up/ but it cannot boot even after multiple reseats/reapplications of the adapter. It does still post with the original Celeron so the motherboard is functioning as intended. Additionally, the L5408 still Posts and will load dos, but no GUI. Lastly, I have tested it with my 1000w PSU now, and it still does not post. Therefore it cannot be a lack of power issue as i originally feared with the 250w im using for the machine currently.

Edit 1: Added L5408 still posts but no GUI working
Edit 2: Added testing with 1000w psu vs 250w psu and still no better results
find
quote
#4
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Try BSEL Mod to change FSB for X5450 from 1333 to 1066 Mhz.
Read this article - Intel LGA775 Pad Modding.
You need change BSEL2 to Low. You may shortcut BSEL2 to BSEL1.
find
quote
#5
Would it be smart at this point to just find a motherboard that supports that Fsb?
find
quote
#6
Replacement of the motherboard is offtopic...
But your motherboard is based on G41 chipset and must support FSB=1333Mhz.
I think your X5450 is dead...
find
quote
#7
Weird... I guess it should. I just got it off ebay, it was tested working by the seller and they had a good rating. Pulled from some large server array. Sure it couldn't be a bios issue?
find
quote
#8
My mod has microcode for X5450. But it can't be loaded cause CPU don't loads BIOS.
find
quote
#9
(01-21-2017, 02:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: My mod has microcode for X5450. But it can't be loaded cause CPU don't loads BIOS.

Well you're definitely right that the bios /should/ support FSB 1333. The Vostro 230 PDF from dell says it supports 800mhz, 1066mhz, and 1333mhz up to quad core cpus on the G41 Express Chipset....I'm wondering if maybe clearing the CMOS would help. I had to do that a few times last time before I could get the L5408 to work after i had the celeron installed.
find
quote
#10
I think I found the real problem....Perhaps insufficient power or an issue with the board failing itself. I had the Celeron in. It was working last night but now when i turned the motherboard on. It flickered on and off a few times and wouldnt post with the celeron. I noticed the PSU light flickering, so i tried a different PSU. Lo and behold the second PSU turned the motherboard on. Light did turn blue, but it never posted. To my utter horror, I smelled smoke. A VRM chip on the board had fried. I now suspect that the board itself may have been the problem and not the CPU. I am going to try to find a branded board that is known to work with this mod vs a Dell Intel branded one.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)