Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6359
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

dell inspiron 1720 memory limit bug
#1
the dell 1720 inspiron chipset has the capability to see 8 gig. The bios only lets it see 6G if 2 4 gig modules are used laptop will not work. Dell patched their business line of laptops that used the same chipset latitude d830(a13) to fix the issue how hard would it be copy that patch over to make a new version for the 1720?
find
quote
#2
Well probably difficult considering they are most likely Phoenix Bioses but at least if you post some download links and info we can check it out.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
Here's the latest 1720 BIOS:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/1720_A09.EXE
find
quote
#4
(09-06-2010, 07:43 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Well probably difficult considering they are most likely Phoenix Bioses but at least if you post some download links and info we can check it out.

TheWiz
Hey Wiz is there anything we can do to help? I also have an inspiron 1720. Tried running 8GB but she wouldn't go for it. It boots, goes through a long detection process and freezes... Works with 6 (a 2GB and a 4GB chip, doesn't matter which slot) (4 is official supported). I would LOVE to get this puppy up to 8GB.

I'm a dev but haven't done any assembly or hex since 2000... (my moto-phone circa '06 doesn't count)

Please update or point me at someone I can BRIBE with cookies and chocolate... or pizza.Huh
find
quote
#5
Hey Relativityboy,

Yeah as much as I would love to present a solution for pizza I'm not to sure on this. Memory detection support is in ASM somewhere in the chipset registers and I'm not entirely knowledgable about this kind of modification. It would be interesting to see if we could find any other googled links on similar successful projects.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
So maybe it would even help to have a latitude d830(a13)-BIOS before and one after the patch?
I think I could get that for you... Smile

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#7
Can I humbly join the request? After an extensive search on the matter u guys seem to be the only hope. I'm upgrading to 64bit and would love to see my 1720 run with 8GB Tongue
Any help would be much appreciated Blush
find
quote
#8
Wink 
Hi TheWiz,

I can offer a bit more than Pizza! Big Grin Let me know what you need!

Thanks,
Darren
find
quote
#9
It's now 2016. Has anyone remembered this thread? Or, has it been shelved forever?
find
quote
#10
Its realy a shame this laptop does'nt get support at all, ACHI SATA II patched BIOS is not availble as well
It is an excellent laptop but apparently not popular at all within the modoratores community...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)