Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 58
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6049
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219817
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98263
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23865
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323436
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 932
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 276
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 121
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541743
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 227
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656043
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20383
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163352
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
04-13-2024 03:31 PM
» Replies: 470
» Views: 129322

[request] b85-g43/i5 4460 OC / Unlock
Hello,

i've a friend with B85-G43 and a haswell i5 4460, so i've proposed to help him with overclocking is poor 3.2ghz on 4 cores like i do for my msi laptop.

I've checked is voltage : 0.6v max, @ 3.2ghz, max 3.4 on one core, i've also checked temps, really good, @40max on p95 , tested with my wc AIO.

So i've applyed what i do each time for unlocking an haswell :
1) i've downloaded the bios
2) puted it on AMIBCP, looking for CFG lock & overclocking feature, i just found overclock lock (setted by default on disabled, but not showable on the bios)
CFG lock doesn't change anything
3) Run ubu tool for downgrading to microcode 2 (for allowing oc on non k haswell) and i've flashed back this moded bios but :

So, options unlocked successfull, microcode downgraded successfully.

1) I can't change ratio or BCLK (option available but change are saved but not applyed !)
2) I can't found the option to make "overclock" available in ThrottleStop
2) PowerCut to pass TDP limit works, but i see a normal wattage on throttleStop (and not 0.Xw like my old cpu).

So , i've unlocked my old msi laptop with his non k chip : 4720HQ, by following the step explained in up, and i was able to found the "overclocking feature" option and it's work ! but this seem not work for my friend.

So i've do some search on the web and i've see some i5 non k cpu chip oc with the same mobo so it's possible, anyone can tel me what i've missed ?
i just want to be able to push it to 4Ghz and unlocking it.

Note : i've a "microcode selection" option in the bios, but it seem doesn't work, but my microcode is rev 2 like i setted it on ubu.

Thanks for your legendary fast help, there is my 3rd unlock here, you do a great job by giving us freedom !

Original bios here : https://fr.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B85-G43 (last version 3.A)
CPU Z screen : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9LIMz4...sp=sharing
AMI BCP options : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1isxYtpW...sp=sharing
find
Compare ME region of BIOS in your laptop vs this board, then make same ME in B85 from clean file ME with settings transfer from stock included B85 ME using this guide
https://www.win-raid.com/t1658f39-Guide-...ation.html

Get new ME from here, if 11.xx.xx, then download V11 package and you will find exact ME version you need, then use that as the replacement ME following the guide above.
https://www.win-raid.com/t832f39-Intel-E...ories.html

I did not check any BIOS files you posted, only speaking in general from reading what you mentioned as the issue.
find
(11-18-2018, 12:29 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Hello dude, thanks for your help ! The laptop is selled, i've just try to help a friend, he said me he have an haswell, so i've just try to unlock but no matter what i do, no result.

Please, send me your paypal for your previous works (unbricking clevo), i'll check your tutorial but my skill is a bit limited. i'm just wondering if i do somethings bad and if it's possible to use microcode hack for overclocking this cpu.

Note : if you check the bios on amibcp 4.5 you'll see i've many "avanced" tab, but i didn't find the way to access on it, the bios of the pc is a AMI APITO 4 modern uefi frimware with mouse, not with simple menu like my msi laptop, this "avanced" tab have the "overclocking lock"

so if i understand correctly, just downgrade bios + unlock options + set options for overclocking directly with amibcp will not work, hum, it's really interesting to know how it's work.

Note 2 : If possible are you able to unlock it with donation like i'll oc it with just flashing your mod or i need to do something special ?
find
First thing, as mentioned, you need to compare what Intel ME version is in the one it works on, and the one it does not work on. Then get that Intel ME into the one it does not work on. I can do that for you if you send me BIOS for each, but your friend may need hardware flash programmer to get the ME in there if the current one is newer, we have to see version info from each before we can know.

Is your system, same chipset as his system, B85?

Microcode is easy, I can do that for you no problem and it wont be any problem for him to get flashed either, but that may not be all you need. Or, you already flashed in older microcode you wanted correct? If yes, then OK on that, nothing to do here Big Grin

Overclocking Lock, do you know this is something you need to enable/disable? Is it enabled on yours and not his, this exact setting? Sometimes this does not mean what you think, that is why I asked.

Anything you want done with AMIBCP we can do, but to make some options visible I may need to see images of the stock BIOS from the laptop
Usually this is not necessary with "Advanced" Tab though, since it's almost always visible already to end user.

I am not 100% sure I understand what you need for AMIBCP, but I do think you need to start with the ME stuff first, this is most important.

You may need MSR194 unlocked - does this sound familiar, the issue here I mean
https://www.win-raid.com/t3656f16-SOLVED...cking.html
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/f...unlocking/
If yes, and those CPU's are like yours, I can maybe do this unlock for you too

No donations or anything needed, but thank you I appreciate it! I enjoy messing with this stuff, so it's no hassle for me to help!
find
A bit hard to understand, thanks for your patience,

So i understand what to do but for intel ME it's new for me, i need to study it.
The working computer with non K haswell cpu :
I7 4720HQ, non OC by default, i've just dump the bios with UBU tool, downgrade the microcode to 0, put on USER in AMIBCP to show option and it works ! The "overclock" checkbot was clickable on throttle stop and the overclocking lock was accessible in the bios, this bios IS NOT the same, my chipsed is an intel BGA 1155 for laptop, i not needed to change somethings special like intel ME to get it work, just downgrade microcode and enable option and it works ! (MSI GP70 2PE), the bios of this MSI is just a list of menu like old bios (common for laptop as you know)

The non working non K haswell cpu :
I5 4460, B85-G43 (! NON M model !), i've download the lastest bios, do the same, downgrade microcode with ubu and enable option on ami bcp, but i've see many "avanced" tab with different option on it, i can only access in one (main > settings > avanced), no option for overclock here.

I've try to found the bios chip on the board (i've a spi programmer for this), but noway, i didn't find it, but i'll retry.

What i want : Try to force the possibility to enable HyperThreading (Wondering if it's possible to enable it with some extrême modding ? just for science), and of course, enable overclocking/overvolting, this cpu run at low voltage and for sure it can go really more up, i've reached 4.7Ghz on my I7 with HyperThreading disabled, i'll see if he have won on the silicon lottery and keep an eye on his temp/voltage of course).

I'll studdy intels ME, but if i understand correctly, i must send you :
- Original bios for MSI laptop with OC feature working (non k haswell) - Dumped with spi programmer
- Modded bios for this laptop dumped with spi programmer

- Original bios for G85 mobo dumped with spi programmer
- Modded bios for G85 mobo, dumped with spi programmer, doesn't work for pass throught 34 ratio on all core.

After that you'll enable option and mod intel ME (by putting the working on to the not working one) , check if the microcode is downgradded successfully (between rev 00 to rev 02), best for overclocking for me, only the 2 first microcode worked for allowing oc on my msi laptop, i'll flash it back with my spi programmer and i'll try to see for hyperthreading and OC.

Details :
- Overclocking lock : Founded on AMIBCP on other "avanced tab", but not on the running bios menu, setted to "disabled" with amibcp but doesn't work too.
- HyperThreading : Setted to "enabled" by default on the first and visible avanced tab, but setted on disabled on other "avanced" tab, i've tryed to put it to "enable" with amibcp but nochange.
- Microcode downgrade was a success, i can now enable PowerCut in ThrottleStop, but the overclock check bios is again grayed.

Hope to have understand all correctly, it's a bit hard to use technical language and my english is really .... frenchy.

Greetings !
find
It's OK, I know it's involved especially if you are not used to dealing with these things. I can do the ME for you when we get to that.

What is the chipset (PCH) of your system, not B85 at all correct? I assume not, due to CPU name, but I am not familiar with laptop CPU names so I could be wrong. If you are not sure, show me "Motherboard Tab" of CPU-z

For BIOS chip, show me image I will tell you which is BIOS.

HT can maybe be enabled, if the CPU supports it, if the CPU does not, then it cannot be used.

You can just tell me Intel ME FW version for your working OC system, using HWInfo64 in large window on left side expand motherboard then go to ME section and see what version is ME Firmware. This is what we need to make other system, same ME FW version.

No BIOS needed from other B85 system right now, I will make from stock BIOS, this way none of your changes cause issues with changes I would do, no conflicts or double edits etc.

No need to apologize, You're English is pretty good, I didn't notice at all! It's just tough for us to communicate due to I do not have all the details, and it's tough for me to explain to you exactly which details I need to get started, plus all you have read/done already in the BIOS may conflict with things I mention too, since I'm just getting in there and will be doing things you hadn't done yet too.

We can get there I think, as long as you know this type of overclocking actions work on B85 chipset? Normally this is something you'd do on Z87, B85/H85 is more business/OEM orientated and often has less hardware level components on the board and sometimes may not do anything even with perfectly modified BIOS.
find
Hello,
I have got msi b85-g43 with i5 4460, i want to overclock it. The performance on the 3.4GHZ is pretty poor.
Can anyone help me in unlocking bios of my motherboard?
Now I have got the newest 3.A version: https://www.msi.com//Motherboard/support/B85-G43
I can upload some screenshots of the BIOS.
I am newbie is modifying so i can't do it myself.
Thanks for the help.
find