Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pro 3300 & 3400 (H61): Upgrade to Ivy Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(02-11-2020, 03:04 PM)dom93 Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find a modded bios to try?
Try to flash your own BIOS backup - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...#pid145303
(02-11-2020, 11:06 AM)Enzofer Wrote: [ -> ]lextardj 
IMPORTANT!
After filling the BIOS, do not RESET the settings to Default. After resetting, it loses bootable devices!

I added some delay (5 sec) to the BIOS and I get the same error as before. Can't enter the BIOS even if the splash screen says "press esc to startup options" 

DO I need to reflash the BIOS another time? :/
(02-12-2020, 04:14 AM)lextardj Wrote: [ -> ]
IMPORTANT!
After filling the BIOS, do not RESET the settings to Default. After resetting, it loses bootable devices!

I added some delay (5 sec) to the BIOS and I get the same error as before. Can't enter the BIOS even if the splash screen says "press esc to startup options" 

On the issue of resetting the settings - I have set the settings I need and I do not need to set them by default.
By delay-set 5 seconds and was able to enter the BIOS normally - periodically pressing the ESC button.
(02-12-2020, 07:57 AM)Enzofer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2020, 04:14 AM)lextardj Wrote: [ -> ]
IMPORTANT!

On the issue of resetting the settings - I have set the settings I need and I do not need to set them by default.
By delay-set 5 seconds and was able to enter the BIOS normally - periodically pressing the ESC button.
I tried by pressing the esc key but I can't get in the BIOS back... 
How can I fix it? 

It boots only from the network now :/
lextardj Try flashing again.
I stitched a clean chip and then soldered it. The computer gave an error and did not load with the fan and keyboard disabled, after they were connected, it began to load stably.
It has been working steadily for 4 months
(02-13-2020, 10:10 AM)Enzofer Wrote: [ -> ]lextardj Try flashing again.
I stitched a clean chip and then soldered it. The computer gave an error and did not load with the fan and keyboard disabled, after they were connected, it began to load stably.
It has been working steadily for 4 months

Tried but no way, I even flashed the original bios from hp website (3300 mt) but still can't enter the BIOS.
So I ended up by buying a 3500 from ebay
lextardj When you flashed to 3300mt, you left an 8 MB chip? Didn't change it to 4 MB?
(02-15-2020, 08:10 PM)Enzofer Wrote: [ -> ]lextardj When you flashed to 3300mt, you left an 8 MB chip? Didn't change it to 4 MB?

8MB chip with the 8MB official HP update, the latest one available from hp website.
(02-11-2020, 01:53 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]dom93
Can you flash modded BIOS for this system?

Ok, the ch341a programmer finally arrived and I've been able to flash a modified bios with the test clip. How can I add the xeon microcode to the bios? In mmtool the "insert patch data" option is grayed out
(03-06-2020, 01:03 PM)dom93 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I add the xeon microcode to the bios?
You don't need it. i3/i5/i7 and Xeon use the same microcode on this platform.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12