Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pro 3300 & 3400 (H61): Upgrade to Ivy Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
lextardj [attachment=18134]
IMPORTANT!
After filling the BIOS, do not RESET the settings to Default. After resetting, it loses bootable devices!
Hello, I am using an HP Pro 3300 MT with 7.16A bios and Xeon E3-1225 cpu which is not in the supported cpu list. Upon boot the "unsupported cpu" message appears, I can boot fine if I press F1, otherwise the pc shuts off. Is there a mod that can help me booting without the need of pressing F1?
dom93
Can you flash modded BIOS for this system?
do I need a programmer? I don't have any, and system is stock now. Is there a non-hardware way to flash modded bios?
(02-11-2020, 01:58 PM)dom93 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a non-hardware way to flash modded bios?
I don't know. CptnIX already tried but without success. So my mod was deleted as useless.
I could try on my system if needed. The modded file is universal or should be specific for the xeon?
I will not do anything (again) without a your prove of successful flashing modded BIOS.
Where can I find a modded bios to try?
(02-11-2020, 11:06 AM)Enzofer Wrote: [ -> ]lextardj 
IMPORTANT!
After filling the BIOS, do not RESET the settings to Default. After resetting, it loses bootable devices!

Thank you!
It worked! I can boot from the HDD now and enter the BIOS!
Should I NEVER reset to factory?
I used a raspberry PI with SOIC-8 clip connected to GPIO to flash the BIOS and it worked very well at the first try.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12