Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: X11DPT-PS and Xeon Gold 6126F ( Omni Path Fabric ) support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello,

We need a professional support. We do have X11DPT-PS Supermicro board and our cpus are Xeon Gold 6126F . Server sees the processor without problem, i can also see the processor type on the bios and it boots without problem but somehow bios is always seeing the temperature at 93 degrees C and the cpu is throttling to 400Mhz speed. We check the cpu and its cold so there should be no way of the thermal be 93C.  

We have replaced the cpu to different  xeon gold model which is not F omni-path variant and cpu temperature is showing without problem. I think its a compatibility problem between the X11DPT-PS and 6126F

IS there any way to modify the bios to recognize the cpu and show the right temperature or no thermal cap? i mean disable the thermal threshold or set to something like 130C or more? cpu is always cold so that should not be a problem. 

Bios is at : 
  https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/m.../X11DPT-PS

Cpu type is : 
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/xeon_gold/6126f

If you can help me correcting the problem on the bios by modifying it,  i will be so glad to award 1000$ for this work effort. 

Best regards
(07-17-2020, 08:37 AM)ahasan Wrote: [ -> ]i can also see the processor type on the bios and it boots without problem but somehow bios is always seeing the temperature at 93 degrees C and the cpu is throttling to 400Mhz speed.
Show screenshots.
(07-17-2020, 09:57 AM)Hello Deathbringer,  You can find the screenshots attached. Thank you so much.     DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2020, 08:37 AM)ahasan Wrote: [ -> ]i can also see the processor type on the bios and it boots without problem but somehow bios is always seeing the temperature at 93 degrees C and the cpu is throttling to 400Mhz speed.
Show screenshots.
I don't see thermal throttling on these screenshots.
Hello,

In the second screenshot 2.6 GHZ processor is running at 0.24 GHZ. Also please check this ipmi event log screenshot. Its giving the thermal throttling error too.

The thing is cpu is not hot. Its very cold. Somehow bios is getting this error false positive. There seems to be a 6126F and board configuration problem.
Make a screenshot of ThrottleStop when thermal throttling will happen (as you think).
Its so strange. cpu core heat is showing 28C on the ThrottleStop but its still working at 0.24GHZ and showing throttling messages on the ipmi event log. Please check screenshot.
But the c0 field is showing 93C ....
Download RWEverything.  Try portable version.
Press CPU MSR registers button, press User list button or F5, type e=0x1a2, press Add,  type b=0x19C, press Add, type c=0x1b1, press Add, press Done.
Post a screenshot with results.
I did and here are the results attached
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7