Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Unlocked, sp54724] HP Dv6-6135dx [amd]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
ok so i restored the hp_tools so now do i just rename it to something else?
aww man i did get to flash it but the but i think i may have bricked my motherboard Sad do you think their is a way to recover from this?
Hi Camiloml:
Thanks for taking the time to help us out with the bios.
I've actually got a thread going on performance for this laptop here,
http://www.overclock.net/t/1218253/this-...dv6-6135dx

I've been able to update the bios on the laptop and am able to configure the different gpu settings, I had a slight hiccup at first when I got a black screen with a blinking caps lock light, being an idiot I sent the thing back to HP for repair and it was sent back in working order. I then updated again and things went fine until I added my SSD and messed around with it, I kept getting hang ups and then the same lock up caps blinking, I found the post on removing the cmos battery, I didn't even think of that the first time it happened, and that did the trick,, updated my SSD firmware and settled that problem.

Is there any way to increase the memory speed to 1600? If I can get my ram specs up is there a way to edit the bios to configure the speed and timings? I just picked up an 8Gb set and its locked at the 1333 speeds. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronic...=pd_cp_e_1
I need 11-11-11-28 1.35v 1600,

Thanks,

On a side note , anybody interested in an original memory chip to add to your machine? I have a 4Gb micron hp spare 621569-001 and the 2Gb namco hp spare 621565-001
(12-12-2011, 11:55 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Pray Smile

Great work ! Brilliant !
Unfortunately it did not work for me.

I have a dv6-6150br.
I tried this solution, recommended by imwithstupid11 @ notebookreviews forum, but in the bios, video config, Primary Video Adapter was greyed out & set to "auto".
I followed all the other instructions in the thread, opened the Control center/Power, but the option "Switchable graphics" was not there Sad

Any hope for me ?

Edit:

This post is to confirm, if still needed, that this thing really works !
Thank you very much from Brasil !

(03-26-2012, 10:28 AM)1234fd Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2011, 11:55 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Pray Smile

Great work ! Brilliant !
Unfortunately it did not work for me.

I have a dv6-6150br.
I tried this solution, recommended by imwithstupid11 @ notebookreviews forum, but in the bios, video config, Primary Video Adapter was greyed out & set to "auto".
I followed all the other instructions in the thread, opened the Control center/Power, but the option "Switchable graphics" was not there Sad

Any hope for me ?

Edit:

This post is to confirm, if still needed, that this thing really works !
Thank you very much from Brasil !

It works but I got a black screen with keyboard lights blinking after half an hour!

And now?

im having the same problems as 1234fd... ive got a dv6-6170br and im having to flash the bios every 3 hours...

it works great for a couple of hours on BF3, then all of a sudden , black screen, blinking caps...

i got the one camilo said its not overclocked and my clocks are stock, so it cant be overheating.. please guys help, i promess i come back and give feedback and donate... im not one of the leech and disapear guys...

please i just want to use fixed graphics for my dear bf3

thanks
oh please somedoby help me... i dont wanna be removing the CMOS battery every couple hours.. i know somebody more experienced will know what to do

i beg
anybody ? please..
I am currently having a problem installing my Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless adapter. I keep receiving the system halted, remove the adapter error. "Bluetooth Module ID (704)"

Any and all assistance appreciated. Big Grin

Thank you in advance.
Hi i have posted a request for you to unlock the same sp54724 bios, will this modded bios also work with my machine hp dv7 6106so whitch has amd dual graphics 6480g and 6750m?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13