Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5750(G,Z) & 5755(G) BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Hi akbar102 ,
I just flashed in my 5750G, so far everything is OK.
There is still no OC options, but probably is better Big Grin...

Thank you for your work
Thanks akbar102. <3
Testing now thanks akbar102!
Really thx Akbar! we must learn how to do guys!
Hi

I install last BIOS modification from topic on Acer 5750G, all works nice, tnx.
But I have a question:
How to activate UEFI boot? I enabled it in BIOS, and enable EFI device boot first, no changes. I install Windows 8 month ago, and want to see all features of this.
Sorry for my ad English
(01-01-2013, 11:06 AM)GuTi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I install last BIOS modification from topic on Acer 5750G, all works nice, tnx.
But I have a question:
How to activate UEFI boot? I enabled it in BIOS, and enable EFI device boot first, no changes. I install Windows 8 month ago, and want to see all features of this.
Sorry for my ad English

you must install windows 8 in uefi mode
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe...CDMQvwUoAA
Hi Akbar,

Intel have release a new VBIOS for the HD3000 which would hopefully be able to be implemented into your unlocked BIOS.

Any chance you could have a look at adding this in also?

Many thanks.
Could do with fan speeds menu, and extended ICC if your available.
(01-08-2013, 11:33 AM)jezj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Akbar,

Intel have release a new VBIOS for the HD3000 which would hopefully be able to be implemented into your unlocked BIOS.

Many thanks.

Hi Jezj,

I'm in the process of tweaking testing the modded BIOS v1.21 by akbar with updated Intel HD3000 Mobile VBIOS Version 2158.

I found that the snm_2158.bsf is the build script and snm_2158.dat is the raw binary or the ROM file that has to be integrated into the BIOS firmware.

This can be achieved by either Andy's Phoenix Tool or EzH2O.

Using Phoenix Tool you have to find where the VBIOS is located this ain't easy as the VBIOS is embedded in the right area as a using tiano compression in a Freeform Module.
And so I decided to use EzH2O as It has the ability to replace VBIOS directly.

Unfortunately I have some issues that I am not happy with and need sorting out first
HDMI Audio Stopped working (connectors need to be patched or Disable bits need zeroing out), Also the brightness of my screen dropped.

Finally I cannot get native resolution in VESA mode so I will have to do some tweaking. Other than that I can say this VBIOS has eliminated OS X graphical glitches
Tested on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Windows 7 SP1, apart from issues mentioned improved graphics performance,
so for those who want to try the latest untouched intel VBIOS 2158: -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfy9p4du3vqtjw...S_2158.zip

please test all ports and modes and report findings
(01-15-2013, 12:13 AM)ashp Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2013, 11:33 AM)jezj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Akbar,

Many thanks.

Hi Jezj,

I'm in the process of tweaking testing the modded BIOS v1.21 by akbar with updated Intel HD3000 Mobile VBIOS Version 2158.

I found that the snm_2158.bsf is the build script and snm_2158.dat is the raw binary or the ROM file that has to be integrated into the BIOS firmware.

This can be achieved by either Andy's Phoenix Tool or EzH2O.

Using Phoenix Tool you have to find where the VBIOS is located this ain't easy as the VBIOS is embedded in the right area as a using tiano compression in a Freeform Module.
And so I decided to use EzH2O as It has the ability to replace VBIOS directly.

Unfortunately I have some issues that I am not happy with and need sorting out first
HDMI Audio Stopped working (connectors need to be patched or Disable bits need zeroing out), Also the brightness of my screen dropped.

Finally I cannot get native resolution in VESA mode so I will have to do some tweaking. Other than that I can say this VBIOS has eliminated OS X graphical glitches
Tested on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Windows 7 SP1, apart from issues mentioned improved graphics performance,
so for those who want to try the latest untouched intel VBIOS 2158: -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfy9p4du3vqtjw...S_2158.zip

please test all ports and modes and report findings

I did not understand what is
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31