Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6683
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6444
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14079
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424656
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3675
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 369
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225187
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6835
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309920
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62035
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 678
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20339
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169498
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6424

HP DX2300 (MS-7336): New CPU Support
#1
A few days ago I was looking to update the micro code of my dx2300 I think installing an E5800 3.2GHz but my motherboard only supports 65nm conroe I tried using CBROM but I get this


[Image: 6b49614aafec379e87763e96ee076001o.png]




BIOS


.zip   bios.zip (Size: 548.45 KB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#2
What CPU do you want to use in particular? it appears the dx2300 is Intel 946GZ Express Chipset. Which intel lists 800mhz fsb max. Although HP says E6700 max. It's the 945, not sure on 945. It may give no post on quad core's but might work? HP says 1066 dual cores. I have a hp a1640n g965 chipset, says only to support dual cores same max e6700. Although it would post with quad core's. So if it posts on a q6600 for instance. Then maybe it just needs a micro code update. Let me know which cpu's you have to test. Pick up a q6600 to see if it posts. If not, I would go with the Xeon 3070 but would need a micro code update. It's faster than the E6700 by a tiny bit. Head over to these forums to request help adding micro code after you first test some CPU's so we have an idea of what will work.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1431723/mod-l...cpus/11490
find
quote
#3
I have thought to put the Pentium E5800 3.2GHz or the Pentium E6600 3.06GHz but it requires updating of micro code
find
quote
#4
Why do you think it requires updating?  Will it not support wolfdale (.045) cpus?  I have an e6700 from another system's upgrade that I was going to try in my dx2300 that currently has an e2200 as an upgrade from the original pentium 3 ghz 800fsb.  I won't bother if it's not going to work.
find
quote
#5
(03-18-2017, 07:11 AM)rltl1997 Wrote: I have thought to put the Pentium E5800 3.2GHz or the Pentium E6600 3.06GHz but it requires updating of micro code
Adding microcode will not add support for new CPUs.
find
quote
#6
After reading some other sources, I have found out that the manufacturing process changed on the e6700 (.045) so cpus with those specs will not work in the dx2300 (only .065 or earlier seem to work fine).  The fastest cpu that has worked in a dx2300 is the qx6800 on stock bios as confirmed by the last post here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/For...rohardware
find
quote
#7
Quote:I have an e6700 from another system's upgrade
SamirD, can you test modified bios. Update with Bootblock for pass of Wolfdale cpu core.

.zip   dx2300.zip (Size: 406.29 KB / Downloads: 66)
find
quote
#8
(05-28-2018, 12:55 PM)LLC Wrote:
Quote:I have an e6700 from another system's upgrade
SamirD, can you test modified bios. Update with Bootblock for pass of Wolfdale cpu core.

I can, but it will probably be at least one week.  I downloaded the zip and looked inside.  What tool do I need to use to write the .rom file and where can I download it?
find
quote
#9
It's Award bios, so awdflash utility. I not found prefered version from manufacturer, so first runing without option's key for checking detect flash chip and program not frozen, then exit. Download it on this page. Check option in Setup menu - Boot - Bios Write Protection - Disabled.
Use this command line: awdflash  dx2300.rom backup.rom /py /sy /Wb /E
   
find
quote
#10
(05-29-2018, 01:17 PM)LLC Wrote: It's Award bios, so awdflash utility. I not found prefered version from manufacturer, so first runing without option's key for checking detect flash chip and program not frozen, then exit. Download it on this page. Check option in Setup menu - Boot - Bios Write Protection - Disabled.
Use this command line: awdflash  dx2300.rom backup.rom /py /sy /Wb /E

Got it.  I downloaded awdflash.  Will any DOS boot environment do, or is it necessary to use the image provided on the page you linked to?  Also, what do the switches and backup.rom do?  (My guess is that backup.rom is the filename where the current rom will be backed up to before the new rom will be written, correct?)

Thank you in advance for the answers!  Cool
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)