Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6498
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308115
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61519
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19925
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168347
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5946
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 505
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5458
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60690
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274642
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693326
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173936
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 907
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 504
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59496
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43044

[Request] Unlock GPU Base Clock Offset limit (+135 MHz) | Lenovo M5400 (20281)
#1
Lightbulb 
Hi
I have a nice NB Lenovo M5400 (model 20281) with Phoenix UEFI BIOS J6ET58WW (2.03 ) and GeForce GT 740M (GK208M) GPU. Unfortunately, you can only change the frequency limit by editing it in BIOS, no one other software way to do this. +135 MHz in offset is really too small for a perfectly good cooling system (IMO) in M5400.
I have seen the modification only on other laptops. I hope there are people here who are not indifferent to this problem. Please mod this BIOS and increase Base Clock Offset from stock +135 MHz to +600 MHz (I know these are unrealistic values, but at least it will not be a bottleneck as it is now).

Detailed information:
NB model: M5400 (20281) by Lenovo
BIOS version: J6ET58WW (2.03), latest. Get it there: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc...et58ww.exe
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (GK208M) with 2GB DDR3 (Hynix) 64bit
See more on screenshots and let me know if more information is needed.

I will be very glad to help and I think it may be necessary not only for me.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#2
(12-02-2021, 04:02 PM)Biogent Wrote: Hi
I have a nice NB Lenovo M5400 (model 20281) with Phoenix UEFI BIOS J6ET58WW (2.03 ) and GeForce GT 740M (GK208M) GPU. Unfortunately, you can only change the frequency limit by editing it in BIOS, no one other software way to do this. +135 MHz in offset is really too small for a perfectly good cooling system (IMO) in M5400.
I have seen the modification only on other laptops. I hope there are people here who are not indifferent to this problem. Please mod this BIOS and increase Base Clock Offset from stock +135 MHz to +600 MHz (I know these are unrealistic values, but at least it will not be a bottleneck as it is now).

Detailed information:
NB model: M5400 (20281) by Lenovo
BIOS version: J6ET58WW (2.03), latest. Get it there: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc...et58ww.exe
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (GK208M) with 2GB DDR3 (Hynix) 64bit
See more on screenshots and let me know if more information is needed.

I will be very glad to help and I think it may be necessary not only for me.

Hello! You can post here your bios dump. Use backup tool, run them as Admin and upload the results.
find
quote
#3
Thanks for your feedback!

Had to spend a little time unpacking the exe and then I finally got to results.rar Smile
https://www.sendspace.com/file/buwgqb

P.S. I got several errors, as I understand the script went through the versions until I got to the one that the BIOS considered.
find
quote
#4
(12-03-2021, 02:24 PM)Biogent Wrote: Thanks for your feedback!

Had to spend a little time unpacking the exe and then I finally got to results.rar Smile
https://www.sendspace.com/file/buwgqb

P.S. I got several errors, as I understand the script went through the versions until I got to the one that the BIOS considered.

Your mod completed. Check your messages.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)