Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6516
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308175
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61531
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19933
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168390
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60711
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 640
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693485
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173966
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 917
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59520
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

Support for 2+ cores? Lenovo W500 Core 2 Quad
#1
W500 Bios Link: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc...uj46u6.exe

W700 Bios Link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj24u6.exe

(I can attach the backed up rom from mine as well)

So the current state of the W500 Core 2 Quad modification requires you to use coreboot/libreboot or turn multi-core mode off in the stock bios. Multi-core on results in failure to post.

The W700 comes with Core 2 Quad support and features the PM45 chipset(no iGPU being the difference), by comparison the W500 uses the GM45 chipset.

Is there any possibility of updating the stock W500 bios to accept more than 2 cores? Or any direction someone can point me into doing so. Thanks!
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Did you make CPU pinmod?
find
quote
#3
(02-01-2025, 03:15 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Did you make CPU pinmod?

   

And I can if needed but I have not yet as I'd only be able to utilize one core.
find
quote
#4
Being the CPU can boot with multiprocessing disabled, I'm assuming this isn't a microcode issue then? Otherwise it wouldn't post at all?

I was comparing the W500/W700 bios, in bios configuration parameters it does say the max cpus is set to 04 on both. 

   

I also was scanning through the ACPI tables on RWeverything, I did notice processor 0x02 and 0x03 were flagged as disabled. Not sure if that's dependent on the CPU inserted or if all 4 would need to be enabled. I can upload more files if needed

   
find
quote
#5
No BIOS mod can help without MB or CPU pinmod.
Forget about quad core CPU and install T9400, T9550, T9600, T9800 or T9900.
find
quote
#6
(02-01-2025, 02:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: No BIOS mod can help without MB or CPU pinmod.
Forget about quad core CPU and install T9400, T9550, T9600, T9800 or T9900.

I understand, I've done the mod before/I can do it again. 

The problem is AFTER I do the MB/CPU pinmod, I will be stuck using one core. Enabling multi-core mode causes it to not post.
find
quote
#7
So in my endeavors, I checked the microcodes of W500/W700. Both share the same ones, figured I'd check anyway though.

Anyway, I did manage to hex edit the newer microcodes in. For those that want it, here you go: https://mega.nz/file/GJ5gDJbB#xAhHp_Ekmi...7x5UDMyqIE

The bios previously had whitelists removed and SLIC 2.1 added. MCExtractor shows they're up to date now. This bios is intended for 8mb T500/W500 but the 4mb should be easy to do. Winphlash will freak out over the checksums so making a DOS USB with PHLASH16 is the way to go.

       
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)