Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221527
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118780
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6605
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 210
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308777
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61655
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 399
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20043
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168689
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6076
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 598
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5548
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60856
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274744
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 713
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24708
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694465
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174297

[REQUEST] Asus X756UV Firmware Unlock
#1
Good day/night to everyone.

I have been recently gifted an X756UV, and I intend to switch over to from my IdeaPad 300-15ISK, until I have the budget to get parts in order to switch over to a ThinkPad L15 Gen1 AMD (I wish there was an L17, or that the L16's chassis was compatible with the L14/L15's motherboard), however due to the small battery that needs to be replaced (~61% of designed capacity is left) and the NVidia dGPU for which I have no need for (no gaming, however I do need OpenCL, which works as it should with Intel's Level Zero implementation under Linux), I would like to unlock the UEFI firmware so as to disable it (unlike Lenovo, Asus offers no such option), as well as play with a few other settings (and being able to set the open lid to wake function to disabled by default and being able to have numlock off at post would be huge boons for me), plus update components such as the GPU, LAN, ME, etc. firmwares and components, as well as (optionally) port over the K556U's firmware GUI interface, as it sounds from this Vinafix thread (https://vinafix.com/threads/asus-vivobook-x556uv.23853/) as though it may also share the same motherboard as the X556UV.

Unfortunately, as the X456UV/X556UV/X756UV's (they share the same motherboard looks like the X456UV shares motherboards with the X556UV, but not with the X756UV, which is what I have) firmware is AMI's Aptio (I believe 5), rather than their InsydeH20, I cannot easily unlock it just by running a simple command (as LenovoH2O Unlocker does), so I need help here, and I would like to assist in creating an image that can be used by anyone, rather than my specific unit.

Update: Whoops, I forgot to link to the latest version:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X7...del=X756UV

Update 2: This is interesting, it looks like the X756UV and the K756UV use the same exact firmware image, which may signify that the X556U and the X756U might not actually be the same board? In that case, perhaps Asus put more effort into the X556U than the X756U?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)