Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] ThinkPad T14 Gen1 Intel BIOS W...
Last Post: SSV CHAOTIC
Today 05:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD & 100...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 03:48 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6745
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad U310 & U410 (65...
Last Post: 5CarPileup
Today 02:04 AM
» Replies: 1767
» Views: 379235
HP Pro 3500: CPU Upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:13 AM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 4429
[READ FIRST] Access Advanced settings th...
Last Post: Klinzah
Yesterday 05:11 PM
» Replies: 424
» Views: 568643
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: sloseba123
Yesterday 04:44 PM
» Replies: 87
» Views: 110289
HP EliteBook 840 g2 NVMe
Last Post: x86-64
Yesterday 06:30 AM
» Views: 81
[Request] Dell 7400 2 in 1 Computrace/Ab...
Last Post: Lorand187
05-01-2024 10:34 PM
» Views: 124
Fujitsu Esprimo P5710 - unlock [REQUEST]
Last Post: monkeywrench
05-01-2024 02:28 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Gigabyte B75M-D3H BIOS Unlock
Last Post: topadefir
05-01-2024 12:56 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 4029
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: samugarob
05-01-2024 10:08 AM
» Replies: 674
» Views: 168466
[REQUEST] Asus GL504GV BIOS Unlock
Last Post: merjeu
05-01-2024 09:28 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1695
[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Un...
Last Post: George205
05-01-2024 09:22 AM
» Replies: 167
» Views: 68642
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 advanced menu
Last Post: serinity63
05-01-2024 07:03 AM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 16918
[REQUEST] HP Gaming Pavilion 15-cx0xxx B...
Last Post: falkorikstv
05-01-2024 07:03 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1607
[REQUEST] Gigabyte G5 KC Unlock BIOS
05-01-2024 04:06 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 2276
[REQUEST] M920q BIOS unlock
Last Post: d3vf0x
04-30-2024 04:50 PM
» Views: 166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-30-2024 02:15 PM
» Replies: 1186
» Views: 268663
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X240 (GIETxxWW...
Last Post: BOJIKA
04-30-2024 01:33 PM
» Replies: 49
» Views: 17242
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
04-30-2024 11:17 AM
» Replies: 157
» Views: 55402

Help Remove whitelist from DV6T 2120TX
Hi my name is Ismet i have a HP PAVILION DV6T 2120TX running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with current BIOS Insyde BIOS VER : F.1C
sp48953 is from HP as a self setup but the BIOS number is 363CF1C
There is a new Bios Insyde Version:F.1C A
i have no idea how to use Hexeditors and such , i would like some help removing the whitelist so i can install an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wifi 62205ANHMW i downloaded a file sp48953_AHCI_VT_MoreOptions_ByCamiloml but i dont know if i did something wrong as it says current bios 363CF1C will be replaced by 363CF1C , i am happy to pay someone $20 thru paypal if they can help or modify the bios for it with the whitelist removed thank you
The bios Download link is http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...8683#N1503

I appreciate any help even if its to get me pointed in the rite direction Thanx
Ismet
find
Hey Ismet Big Grin

Modded version F.1C A for you. Just had to make sure an infinite loop didn't happen in you BiosLockPcie module. Easy fix. I wasn't sure if you needed 363CF1C.bin or 3658F1C.bin so I modded them both.

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uv10ay...c/bios.zip

Just unzip it and run InsydeFlash.exe. Click start, wait for it to initialize then press ok. Then it will update your bios. If you run into any problems then let me know.
find
donovan6000 U R A Superstar i flashed my Original Bios with one you edited & installed the INTEL WiFi card , BINGO worked like a charm , the reason i wanted the intel chip is my TV has a thing called WiDI wireless Direct for viewing movies to TV without a HDMI cable...
If its not to much to ask what tolls did u use and what exactly u changed to remove the whitelist as i want to be a contributer to this awsome site , every1 needs to start somewhere ...
Again thank you donovan6000
find
I'm glad it worked Big Grin

How well does the WiDI wireless Direct work? I was thinking about getting something like it but haven't done much research.

So I started off by opening your bios with Andy's Tool. This will extract all the EFI modules into a dump folder. I also used it to extract the BiosLockPcie module in the tool's structure view. This module is named E62F9F2F-4895-4AB5-8F1A-399D0D9C6B90. Here's a screen shot:

[Image: first.png]

Then I opened up the BiosLockPcie module that's in the dump folder with IDA Pro. I didn't open the one I extracted in the structure view because IDA wont automatically disassemble that one. IDA Pro is a disassembler, so it converts that module into assembly code. Then I looked through all the subroutines for an infinite loop because my bios had a similar way of whitelisting the WIFI. Found it and made sure that the code avoid it by changing a conditional jump to an absolute jump. Here's a screen shot:

[Image: second.png]

After determining what needed to be changed, I used a hex editor to modify the BiosLockPcie module that we extracted in the structure view. I edited this one and not the one in the dump folder because Andy's Tool will only let me reinsert the first one. So I modified it in a hex editor then reinserted it with Adny's Tool. Andy's tool will automatically update checksums so the finished product is ready to be flashed. Here's a screen shot:

[Image: three.png]

On newer bios you'll also have to modify iscflash.dll to get InsydeFlash.exe to allow flashing modified bios, but for yours there was no protection against this.

Sorry if that was a little confusing. If you've ever done any software reverse engineering then you'll see that it's really simple. I didn't have anyone teach me how to do this, so it might not be the most efficient way. But you can't deny the working results. I was thinking about making some video tutorials after I finish an awesome mod on my bios, but that could take another month Angry
find
Thanks again mate , il post a bit later i only had time to try flashing the bios and testing that the INTEL wifi card gave an error , i quickly got it to see and connect to the tv but i have to have a look at the TV manual for setting it up properly, il do that Later tonight and get back to you how well it works, as i myself hadnt done much research on the WiDi because i didnt have a working WiDi device until now thanks to you i appreciate it ..
I havnt done any Reverse engineering but will look into it if you could sugest any site that can explain , im a computer Tweaker and Modder so it wont take me long to learn i was looking for a download of andys tool but couldnt find it anywhere...
If or when you do make a video tutorial i would be interested in having a look if you can provide a link when done...
ok i gotta go il set up and config the TV and WiDi tonight and get back to you thanks champ
Itchy666
find
Andy's tool is kinda hard to find for some reason. Here's where he posts all updates to his program:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

As for learning reverse engineering for bios, my strong foundation in IA-32 and IA-64 assembly has made me good at it. Learning those languages is crucial. This is one of the books I read recently that will help you learn the foundations of assembly:

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Intel...t+assembly

One of the trickiest things about reverse engineering code is that compiler's optimizations will often make the code hard to understand. I learned a lot by just compiling simple code and have a compiler produce its corresponding asm code. Here's another book that I really liked at first. The beginning has some nice information on tools, methods, etc. It even goes into some of the ways that compilers optimize code. However, it got too focused on the Windows API is almost all of its examples. All in all I'd recommend it, even though I never finished reading it Tongue

http://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Secrets-...ering+code

Also when I first started modding my bios, I bricked my computer a lot. Like probably over 30 times now. Make sure you know how to recover it before you try any mods yourself. It also took me about 3 weeks before I was able to preform a successful bios mod. Most of this time was spent reading through the bios's disassembled code in order to understand what needed to be changed to accomplish my current objective.

And are you serious about the $20 you mentioned in your first post? Big Grin
find
Thanks donovan6000
I understand what you were saying about taking a while to read , learn try and Bricking iv done that with alot of my devices like GPSs and Consoles , i like tinkering to pass the time away because im on Disability support Pention and cant work anymore i had Bowl Cancer cought early enough when i was younger about 20 years ago and i ended up having all my intestine and 20% of my stomache removed , i had many complications and infections i lost count on abdominal surgerys after about my 30th operation id say close to total of up to 50 that includes some minor surgerys to remove absess and stuff , i perminantly have a Colostomy Bag on my tummy where the waste comes from my tummy thru a hole and into the bag , so its left me with no abdominal muscles that gives me a bad back my gut looks like a bogy plastic surgery job gone wrong LOL.. enuf of that i dont let it stop me i still go 4x4ing and dirtbike riding.... Anyway i will keep in touch , i got paid last week and have spent most of that on bills, i wasnt expecting someone like you to be so helpfull and quick as iv tried other sites and had no replies.. but next friday 14/06 i get paid and yes i was serious about the $20 for helping.. my personal email is itchy999@bigpond.com My name is Ismet (its a Yougoslave name) but every1 calls me itchy if you want send me an email with topic HP DV6T Bios or something so we can privatly message paypal or direct debit details and i will send u the $20 but you have to wait until next week if your cool with that , iv bookmarked the 2 books you recomended il get them next week aswell , unless your finished with them and want to sell them on ebay .. either way you earned the $20 coz i had already bought the INTEL wifi chip so u saved me months reading and practising with code ..
thanks
Itchy Smile
find
I'll send you an email so we can talk more about stuff. No use filling up this forum with a personal conversation.
find