Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1
Last Post: Jedrek
Today 09:49 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2250
Lenovo Z50-70: CPU update
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 70
[Request] Acer Aspire 3050 unlocked BIOS
Last Post: prowindows62
Today 07:43 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 38
Fujitsu Esprimo P5710 - unlock [REQUEST]
Last Post: Maxinator500
Today 07:16 AM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 452
HP H-IG41-uATX 45nm microcode update LGA...
Last Post: goldenhill
Today 04:49 AM
» Replies: 58
» Views: 56524
Asus h61m-d & xeon e3-1265l v2
Yesterday 04:28 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] - Acer Swift 3 SF314-41G bios ...
Last Post: ersan
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 advanced menu
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 43
» Views: 17024
[REQUEST] ThinkPad T14 Gen1 Intel BIOS W...
Last Post: SSV CHAOTIC
Yesterday 05:19 AM
» Views: 127
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD & 100...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:48 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6889
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad U310 & U410 (65...
Last Post: 5CarPileup
Yesterday 02:04 AM
» Replies: 1767
» Views: 380144
HP Pro 3500: CPU Upgrade
Yesterday 12:13 AM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 4557
[READ FIRST] Access Advanced settings th...
Last Post: Klinzah
05-02-2024 05:11 PM
» Replies: 424
» Views: 568892
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: sloseba123
05-02-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 87
» Views: 110461
HP EliteBook 840 g2 NVMe
Last Post: x86-64
05-02-2024 06:30 AM
» Views: 115
[Request] Dell 7400 2 in 1 Computrace/Ab...
Last Post: Lorand187
05-01-2024 10:34 PM
» Views: 164
[REQUEST] Gigabyte B75M-D3H BIOS Unlock
Last Post: topadefir
05-01-2024 12:56 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 4055
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: samugarob
05-01-2024 10:08 AM
» Replies: 674
» Views: 168688
[REQUEST] Asus GL504GV BIOS Unlock
Last Post: merjeu
05-01-2024 09:28 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1720
[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Un...
Last Post: George205
05-01-2024 09:22 AM
» Replies: 167
» Views: 68733

Fan Control Table
Hello, I have a MSI EX460 laptop (MS-1452). I would like to know if there is a way to see what the fan control table looks like. I also would like to modify this table if it is possible as I live in a warm/hot climate. Core temp of this machine runs at about 64C at idle at an ambient temp of about 33C.
find
Download speedfan and you can automatically set a % for all the fans Smile

Its freeware

Admin
find
(04-05-2010, 02:25 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Download speedfan and you can automatically set a % for all the fans Smile

Its freeware

Admin

I did try Speedfan but I only get temp readings..the fan RPM shows no value. I am not sure if this model is supported.
find
(04-05-2010, 02:21 AM)razirafi Wrote: Hello, I have a MSI EX460 laptop (MS-1452). I would like to know if there is a way to see what the fan control table looks like. I also would like to modify this table if it is possible as I live in a warm/hot climate. Core temp of this machine runs at about 64C at idle at an ambient temp of about 33C.

there nothing that works for the fan in my toshiba laptop ether. Somtimes the best thing to do it just keep it clean. Blow it out with canned air if you have to. Better to take it apart and clean it once a year if you can.

Have you tried this ?
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/No...41155.html

Nick
find

(04-05-2010, 06:29 PM)banana19 Wrote:
(04-05-2010, 02:21 AM)razirafi Wrote: Hello, I have a MSI EX460 laptop (MS-1452). I would like to know if there is a way to see what the fan control table looks like. I also would like to modify this table if it is possible as I live in a warm/hot climate. Core temp of this machine runs at about 64C at idle at an ambient temp of about 33C.

there nothing that works for the fan in my toshiba laptop ether. Somtimes the best thing to do it just keep it clean. Blow it out with canned air if you have to. Better to take it apart and clean it once a year if you can.

Have you tried this ?

Nick
Well, before I posted I read the MSI forums and found a suggestion to clean the air passages and cooling fins. There was dust within the cooling fan enclosure and fins but the rest of the board is still squeaky clean but I did blow out the dust and it is still the same. Why does it do this only on restarts? Does a restart use a lot of CPU power? I can hear the fan modulating its speed and can also feel the air flow. This is what it looks inside.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(04-05-2010, 09:18 PM)razirafi Wrote:

Have you tried this ?

Nick
Well, before I posted I read the MSI forums and found a suggestion to clean the air passages and cooling fins. There was dust within the cooling fan enclosure and fins but the rest of the board is still squeaky clean but I did blow out the dust and it is still the same. Why does it do this only on restarts? Does a restart use a lot of CPU power? I can hear the fan modulating its speed and can also feel the air flow. This is what it looks inside.

keep the fins clean and you should be good to go Smile Usually fan goes full speed on boot until acpi takes control and adjusts based on cpu temp. Sounds like every thing is working as designed Smile My lappy runs between 100 and 120 Fahrenheit fans turn on around 110 or so.

Nick
find
(04-05-2010, 09:49 PM)banana19 Wrote:

Have you tried this ?

Nick

keep the fins clean and you should be good to go Smile Usually fan goes full speed on boot until acpi takes control and adjusts based on cpu temp. Sounds like every thing is working as designed Smile My lappy runs between 100 and 120 Fahrenheit fans turn on around 110 or so.

Nick
Thanks for the insights Nick. My laptop runs at about 58C on idle at an ambient temp of about 30C. If the ambient temp is about 34C the laptop core temp is about 65C. The folks at the other forum that I mentioned suggested that I take this back to the reseller or to MSI to check the fan, dust, and also if something may be broken (damaged) inside. I feel reluctant to do it because I can see that the unit is operating as it should, albeit this shutting off during restarts. The fan also starts fast (max?) at boot up and then slows down and fast again depending on the temp. The temp monitoring software that I used is Real Temp 3.4 but if I use another software I get about 10C lower readings. I only see this problem during restarts after about 30 minutes of using the unit but one time out of frustration I held the unit's underside where the vents are directly in front of an airconditioner and it did not shut off after I did a restart. If I take this to the reseller I am not confident that their techs will be able to solve this if there is nothing wrong with this laptop. They may recommend replacing the cooling fan assembly together with the heat pipe and the result will still be the same since there is nothing wrong with it in the first place. Could it be possible that this particular unit was designed for cooler climates? Could this also be caused by a defective or damaged processor, although I don't see any problems with how the laptop works. I'm really stumped here and am also about to take this back for service. I just need more info to help me make an informed decision.
find
(04-06-2010, 06:57 AM)razirafi Wrote:
(04-05-2010, 09:49 PM)banana19 Wrote:

Have you tried this ?

Nick

Nick
Thanks for the insights Nick. My laptop runs at about 58C on idle at an ambient temp of about 30C. If the ambient temp is about 34C the laptop core temp is about 65C. The folks at the other forum that I mentioned suggested that I take this back to the reseller or to MSI to check the fan, dust, and also if something may be broken (damaged) inside. I feel reluctant to do it because I can see that the unit is operating as it should, albeit this shutting off during restarts. The fan also starts fast (max?) at boot up and then slows down and fast again depending on the temp. The temp monitoring software that I used is Real Temp 3.4 but if I use another software I get about 10C lower readings. I only see this problem during restarts after about 30 minutes of using the unit but one time out of frustration I held the unit's underside where the vents are directly in front of an airconditioner and it did not shut off after I did a restart. If I take this to the reseller I am not confident that their techs will be able to solve this if there is nothing wrong with this laptop. They may recommend replacing the cooling fan assembly together with the heat pipe and the result will still be the same since there is nothing wrong with it in the first place. Could it be possible that this particular unit was designed for cooler climates? Could this also be caused by a defective or damaged processor, although I don't see any problems with how the laptop works. I'm really stumped here and am also about to take this back for service. I just need more info to help me make an informed decision.

I have 2 suggestions. This one was posted as MSI

1. Turn notebook OFF with button, hold 4 seconds.
2. Remove recharge plug
3. Remove battery
4. Leave it like this for about 5 minutes.
5. Put everything back and power the laptop again.

The new BIOS should work properly now.
This procedure resets the Embedded Controller (EC), so best been done as described.

The second is that the reseller has reseated the cpu cooler and used an inappropriate thermal paste, or too much thermal paste Smile It really should not be running that hot. If the reset does not work I would see what the resseller is willing to do for you. If we mod the bios and something goes wrong (as we I dont have a way to really test the mod in this case) the lap top is toast.

Nick
find