Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad L450 (JDETxxWW...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 03:29 PM
» Replies: 94
» Views: 40849
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
Today 03:19 PM
» Replies: 84
» Views: 25735
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Alan23
Today 11:54 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 126472
[REQUEST] Adding DDR3 support to Aptio I...
Last Post: Lixkote
Today 05:46 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 7739(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Today 04:17 AM
» Replies: 52
» Views: 12047
HP Pro 3300 & 3400 (H61): Upgrade to Ivy...
Last Post: miant
Today 03:03 AM
» Replies: 118
» Views: 80533
[REQUEST] Lenovo G70-70 BIOS Whitelist R...
Yesterday 05:01 PM
» Replies: 134
» Views: 66657
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
Yesterday 04:59 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 6200
[Request] Dell Inspiron 17r SE 7720 Unlo...
Last Post: flashmaniak
Yesterday 08:55 AM
» Replies: 91
» Views: 93759
TerraMaster F2-220 Bios
Last Post: mcunanan9
Yesterday 08:12 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 220
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro N50-610 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: Lucas66700
Yesterday 07:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 280
[REQUEST] MSI B550M VDH WIFI BIOS UNLOCK
Last Post: CFW
05-12-2024 08:28 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Deltist
05-12-2024 03:09 PM
» Replies: 267
» Views: 65861
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
05-12-2024 01:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 381
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 BIOS Unl...
05-12-2024 04:13 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 9266
Amibios 8 mod - problem with LPT port
Last Post: Beniu33
05-12-2024 04:10 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: crankeed11
05-11-2024 02:48 PM
» Replies: 62
» Views: 19236
MSI GX640 (Ms-1656) E1656ims.10f BIOS ne...
Last Post: maciekj22
05-11-2024 11:48 AM
» Views: 192
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: kashif7723
05-11-2024 11:08 AM
» Replies: 239
» Views: 72404
Looking for the best VPN for PC
Last Post: Alford
05-10-2024 11:54 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 243

Please help with asus black screen (no logo, no bios)
Thanks! Big Grin I try to hurry, but also try to help in lots of threads/forums, so get behind sometimes Smile

Fingers crossed for you!
find
Quote:Fingers crossed for you!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The activation has failed.

Now with the RWPortable 1.7 the key is different

Check this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...activation

EDIT:

I just tried again and the windows is activated.

My friend you are the best

find
I have done several tests and I see that when start up the laptop the screen goes black and the logo of ASUS appears with delay and only see a second.

Is it possible to change this?

And another question. Can the sound be activated at booting from the BIOS?

Now I'm going to assemble the laptop so it would be to apply the changes from USB. Rolleyes
find
Any flashing going forward can be done via FPT, I unlocked the FD so nothing will be denied when flashing.

I do not know what you mean about the startup logo etc. Audio at boot, what that part of the previous startup too?

I can tell you this is BIOS 303, and you were using 302 previously, is this possibly some change Asus made, or just slight difference in BIOS? If you flash 302 for testing, be sure you unlock the FD before you flash it, otherwise you'll need to get out your programmer if you need to flash ME or FD again later.

Also, probably should make this edit before any flashing of new BIOS too, this is for doing in grub, but the exact same change can be made in BIOS instead before flashing (BIOS Lock)
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-...-BIOS.html

Or you can wait, and I can make you fully unlocked BIOS settings and all.... Or we can do all that after we figure out more of these concerns you have.

Anyway yes, even without unlocked FD, I can guide you through flashing BIOS region from within windows no matter what.

If the change is not due to BIOS differences between 302 and 303, it could be some of the NVRAM left in there from the other system, conflicting with your system, or something missing I noticed that BIOS had device ID entry for IPV6 in NVRAM and your original BIOS didn't, and I'm sure there was other things that should be carried over, or cleared out to be allowed to be repopulated by your setup instead of your friends. I mainly was concerned with getting you running and on your windows ID, before we tried to sort anything else out. I could copy over your NVRAM in full, but I was thinking that was part of what caused the initial issue, and without a system here to test myself so I can add things one at a time that will be a lot of reflashes for you to do in order to narrow down the cause of the initial problem if we did it like that.

Do you want me to make you one more BIOS now before you do any other testing, with all the rest of the NVRAM cleared except for the generic Asus defaults and your windows ID stuff I mentioned at previous change log. And unlock the BIOS lock I mentioned above? BIOS Lock will stay how I set it, unless/until you reflash some other BIOS without that change (ie stock Asus BIOS, any other BIOS you have etc) But, you can use that as a base and make any BIOS mods from it, then it will always remain unlocked moving forward until you ever flash a stock BIOS.
find
Friend, you surprise me with your work Smile Smile Smile

At the moment I have not assembled the laptop, I have installed windows 7 (dual boot with windows 10).

If you want we try your modifications but I do not want to ask for too much. Smile Smile
find
I enjoy doing this kind of thing, so it's not a hassle for me, but when busy it can take me some time.

I will make you BIOS now like I mentioned at my last paragraph, then you can test and if startup issue same it could be some difference between BIOS 302 and 303, or possibly some setting you had set differently back then like how oprom's are loaded (Legacy vs UEFI, CSM enabled, or something like that)?

Give me a few minutes, maybe 10 or so and I will put up new BIOS for you to test, and you can use this as base for any BIOS mods you need moving forward. As long as you don't flash/program in any other stock type BIOS it will all stay unlocked
find
OK. I will be around here.

Quote:I do not know what you mean about the startup logo etc

From windows I have restarted the laptop.

I wait until the screen and laptop turns off.

From when it is all turned off until the logo appears spend approximately 15 seconds and the screen is black.

EDIT:

Bios options from another ASUS model:

[Image: 1125oux.png]

[Image: 309h6k3.png]
find
Let's test this, before we do anything more involved, I meant to have you test first, but wanted you to see if we could get you back up and running real quick. Now that we know we can, lets test this. This is BIOS you were using just now, but I put back in your complete NVRAM from before, so we can test if the issue is actually there or not, or the main issue was just some BIOS glitch.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...7500688729

I also unlocked BIOS & SMI Lock set to disabled by default, and FD already unlocked << These mean flashing any/all BIOS regions will be no problem using FPT and you can put system back together. So if this BIOS works, this is nearly your complete old BIOS, just rebuilt many times by section and updated to 303 manually (Due to stock region replacements as I rebuilt from your friends backup), plus the small unrelated edits that I made to unlock things.

Put this on with programmer, then if it works you can go ahead and put system back together since it's all unlocked, any other changes we'll be able to do via FPT

After flash, load optimal defaults, set SATA Settings and reboot to windows, then shut down and boot backup and see if startup issue is same or different, or now like before.

On the audio you mentioned at startup, is that something you want, like a mod, or is that something it used to do before? If something it did before but not now, it may be fixed with this BIOS edit, or maybe some setting needs changed, we'll look into that later.

*Edit, you posted the above while I was working on this reply, thanks for that info, if this BIOS works, but doesn't fix these things, we'll look into it later tonight.
find
Okay. I download it and I try it.
find
If it fails, then we know some issue in the NVRAM! And that would be what caused original failure too.

I also made this BIOS you can try, stock BIOS from your friends backup, with only DBX-PK from NVRAM changed to yours for windows activation, FD and SMI/BIOS unlock edit, and board specific padding transfer.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8012383774

Once this one put on with programmer, or the BIOS above, if you like it and it all works good, you can put back together, after either of these BIOS we can do any/all flashing from within windows.
find