Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Crazy tech
Today 09:51 PM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 42814
[Removed, sp52359] HP Touchsmart Tm2t-22...
Last Post: OrionDakota
Today 06:19 PM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 20943
Analyze java class System Identifier cod...
Last Post: Hasan jeet
Today 03:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 48
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: sscdimon
Today 01:53 PM
» Replies: 471
» Views: 132813
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: cpih
Today 12:03 PM
» Replies: 846
» Views: 328845
Delete Whitelist HP 15s-eq1000
Last Post: gdefareins
Today 09:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 165
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) ...
Last Post: jabbari74
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 18161
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Today 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194450
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Yesterday 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 247074
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Yesterday 12:12 AM
» Views: 237
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25809
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148332
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59468
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 168
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32100
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58512
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 179
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 936
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 666268

[REQUEST] Toshiba Qosmio X505 Q860/Q887 advanced bios mod
Just wanted to chime in and say thank you so much for your efforts to help us all. I've successfully flashed a Qosmio X505-Q885 (PQX33U) with your modified bios. I've updated the fan curve & all is well. I was hoping for some overclocking access though I'm plenty happy with just having the ability to finally control the fans. I see the ability to turn on extreme mode, kinda wondering if that's referring to XMP, I'm assuming it is. Any clarification on this?

Once again, thank you fine sir!
find
Hello WhiteGoblin,

You are welcome! I am glad that this BIOS mod is working for you.

I believe that the "Extreme" option is referring to XMP, but if you could upload a picture of the setting in its menu, I could give you a more sure answer.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
While taking the picture for you I just enabled it to see if there was any expanding options. Which there are! Clearly this isn't XMP & I'm not super comfortable playing around with this i5 450m's thermal design points. I'd love some insight on the settings from your perspective though. Thanks again!

[Image: rDOjpIn.png]
find
Bringing this back from the dead. I successfully flashed this bios. It opened up a lot of options in the Intel menu. I'll have to see what's in there in more depth tonight. The problem I'm still having is resetting when my i7-920xm hits turbo boost. If I disable it, it works perfectly. I hope the Intel menu will have an option to fix this issue. Is there a watts and voltage setting in the menu? I looked last night and didn't see anything.
find
(05-09-2016, 11:22 AM)M1Lou Wrote: Bringing this back from the dead. I successfully flashed this bios. It opened up a lot of options in the Intel menu. I'll have to see what's in there in more depth tonight. The problem I'm still having is resetting when my i7-920xm hits turbo boost. If I disable it, it works perfectly. I hope the Intel menu will have an option to fix this issue. Is there a watts and voltage setting in the menu? I looked last night and didn't see anything.

Hi, I'm wondering if you had any luck with that? I would also want to get my i7-940xm working on a Qosmio X500-Q895s
find
Hi Steven,

I installed it in my Toshiba Qosmio X500 after I realized the motherboards is the same as the Qosmio X505 and that the original Toshiba Bios V2.90 that you used as the base for the mod is exactly the same for both computers.
After installing the new bios mod, the Intel menu is displayed and all the settings are shown, but if I changes values for Active Trip Point and High-Fan Trip Point nothing happens: the computer behaves pretty much the same (with the fan running at low speed all the times and slightly increasing when the temp reaches 60C). Do you know why that might happen?
Thanks!

Marcelo.
find
I know this is an older BIOS, but I have a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 laptop that I've had since new. I Tried a previous link for an modified BIOS, but that link is dead and takes me nowhere. Does anyone have that modified, opened, BIOS that is newer than the 2.90 version?   MANY thanks!!
find
Hello kittbuilder1,

I merged your thread with this bigger one as your notebook and the Q860 use the same BIOS. The mod I uploaded in Post #5 will work for your laptop.

********* EDIT: There is an "Overclocking Performance Menu" that hasn't been unlocked. I am going to update this mod and then upload it again with that setting unlocked. That should help resolve some of the problems people were running into with regards to lack of overclocking settings. I will release this mod (hopefully) soon in another post. The reason I didn't unlock this long ago is that the Overclocking Performance Menu isn't already built. It must be manually constructed in a hex editor, which means I must search for and identify settings that would probably go under it. This will take time, but I know how to do this now. If anyone knows of specific settings that might go under this menu, please let me know. *************

The latest BIOS version for this laptop model that I can find on the "DynaBook" website (Toshiba merged with DynaBook some time ago) is Version 2.90. If you find a newer version that isn't listed on the website, I can modify that too.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(07-25-2021, 01:46 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello kittbuilder1,

I merged your thread with this bigger one as your notebook and the Q860 use the same BIOS. The mod I uploaded in Post #5 will work for your laptop.

********* EDIT: There is an "Overclocking Performance Menu" that hasn't been unlocked. I am going to update this mod and then upload it again with that setting unlocked. That should help resolve some of the problems people were running into with regards to lack of overclocking settings. I will release this mod (hopefully) soon in another post. The reason I didn't unlock this long ago is that the Overclocking Performance Menu isn't already built. It must be manually constructed in a hex editor, which means I must search for and identify settings that would probably go under it. This will take time, but I know how to do this now. If anyone knows of specific settings that might go under this menu, please let me know. *************

The latest BIOS version for this laptop model that I can find on the "DynaBook" website (Toshiba merged with DynaBook some time ago) is Version 2.90. If you find a newer version that isn't listed on the website, I can modify that too.

~Steven
Steven:
Thank you for the info and update. I will keep an eye open for your updated BIOS mod. Just to note; the link in the previous post does NOT work, and only brings someone to a blank page. If you have a newer link to that previous modded BIOS, would appreciate a link to that file.
Thanks!
find
Steven:
Just a quick update; I was able to download your modded BIOS and reload my Toshiba. It erased and re-wrote all the info and restarted my laptop. Upon another restart by me, I got into the BIOS and saw NO change or addition of any new tabs or settings. Did I miss something?

Thanks

Mark
find