Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Delete Whitelist HP 15s-eq1000
Last Post: gdefareins
Today 09:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 154
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) ...
Last Post: jabbari74
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 18116
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Today 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194328
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Yesterday 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 246924
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Yesterday 12:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25684
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148158
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59396
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32046
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58438
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 170
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 924
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 665998
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 213
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55731
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 198
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 176
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 190

Bios problem in MB DFI UT x48 T2R and Q9450 cpu
Good morning to all Bios forum member. I am a new member just now added to your forum. I am italian and i live near Rome.
I have a big problem in my MB (also in english language, excuse me),
that for two years works well but five months ago i have a bios problem:
without any reason after a power on, bios give a message that it is an ceck-sum error and ask for cancel or F1 key to continue. If i press F1 boot progress and load windows XP and work fine but with bios default.
If i press cancel key is is like pc wont shows bios page data, but in a black page with flashing cursor at left upper corner, and a blu line two cm deep, some at the color bios page, in lowr screen, and nothing appen.
In other words i cannot edit bios data and only the reset can live this situation! I have reflashs bios, load other version, replace battery and the CMOS cip with a new bios inside, but the problem is still inside my PC.
In this way i have loses overclock, raid, startup disk, and more other settings that normally we change in bios default.
Some one have seen similar problem, or know the reason of this or have some remedy to edit the bios data in some way just to reload like a default data, the difference that i need to use my PC normally, also if i continue to have not any possibility to enter in bios via cancel key?
Best regards to all, and thank you for your replays.
find
It is quite possible that your BIOS chip is failing, but I reccommend reading our BIOS update tutorial and trying the latest BIOS, because our command line normally resets the ESCD, DMI, and CMOS which can cause that issue to occur.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
Ciao "The Wiz"

First, thankyou for your replay,
If for Bios cip you intend the CMOS cip SST 49lf008A, installed on my PC assembled with a MB DFI Lanparty UT x48 T2R- cpu Intel Q9450- DDR2 4gb OCZ FLEXX 9600-GPU ATI 4870- Hdd WD velociraptor in raid0- i have just replace it with a new cipwith the last revision BIOS-X48CDC24- prepared by a company that do only this special job, but the situation dont change : i have similar problem with my old CMOS.
After i have replaced Cmos my pc dont give me again the message of check-sum error, and boot run well without any intervention, but load only multiplier X6 in place x8 and cpu run only at 2ghz in place 2,67 ghz. and fsb at 333mhz in place of 415 mhz. To have a little overclock now i am using Clock-gen.exe and my pc run a little bit more fast but i cannot chang cpu volt-dram volt and other param. because the problem is that i cannot enter in bios edit with cancel Key, video give me an empty page.
If the problem is in circuitery that manage Bios edit function my MB must be wast!
If you have some idea to investigate on thread, please give me every diagnostic tool to discover problem or other idea to do some action.
Thanks, and best regards, The Wiz
sandro c

find
Ciao Sandrocard,

To get back into your BIOS, please try the following.

Open your PC and remove any PCI cards or addins. This includes network cards, audio cards etc. Then boot your PC and see if you can enter the BIOS. Normally not being able to access the BIOS is a reult of a PCI card interfering.

TheWiz
www find

Hello "The Wiz"
I have tray all of your suggest: of course remain on the slots only Video card (i have replace it with an other that i know works well) and the problem is still in the pc.
But i have new infos for you: i have read well all the line of message that Bios give me when dont start and wait for cancel or F1: after line were says -checksum-error the second line says- cpu was changed reenter new parameter and save- press F1 to continue or cancel key to setup-
I dont understand because sometime give this message because the cpu is still in place and is the same forever!
I have thought could be that have some bad contact in the soket, for this reason i have removed cpu, clean contacts and reinstall but problem is the same. If i press F1 (it is the only chanche to run bios and boot pc),
i can read -updating DMI data-........(sometime says successfull or not)
and also - backup Cmos data.......... and after bios finish, load Win XP.
Remember that if i press cancel key i cannot do nothing in empty bios page! Also remember my bios is a Phoenix- award bios - rev 6.00.
Could be possible that cpu it is not recognized from bios because some contact is bad, and after pc works well in every program and CPUZ read perfectly name and parameter of Q9450 and MB and also the memory?
It is a very hard thread, that i never see in 38 years of my job in computers area; i have thought my MB is dead in some strange way, but i am forever serching some tool that confirms what i say: but i have affection for my MB and is hard for me wast it !!

Best regards "The Wiz"

find
Do you have another CPU you can try to see if there's any errors??
www find
[quote='TheWiz' pid='21759' dateline='1285857212']
Do you have another CPU you can try to see if there's any errors??
Hallo The Wiz,

No, i dont have another CPU you with the same socket LGA775, and also this is a good idea to tray to insulate the problem.
I must search for this in my friends area. After this, my be it remain, just to waste the MB.
I have ear to speak about some tools like Bios editor or similar and i dont know if with this program it is possible to open my bios file -X48CDC24.bin, put it on video under Sys Op and edit some data like what i need to be in default for me and after flash it in the CMOS: in this way i can bypass my problem and for me is ininfluent that i cannot enter in bios by normal way.
What your opinion?And if exist were i can download that?
Ciao The Wiz and thanks for your interest.

sandro c.

find
Hello The Wiz,
i am again serching for a CPU 775 socket just to tray wath you say me, but you have not replay to the second part of my question :
could be i havent done a good explanation or you have not hundredstand because my english is not...the best!!. I repeat using different words:
i want ask for to have a similar revision of bios for my
MB DFI, but modified changing some data inside.
Now my PC works in every its function well but slowly, due to bios default, (in fact the pc works only if i press F1 key and in this way boots and loads the Sys.Op.), but the bios default loses overclock, startup disk, raid setup, ecc.
What i want ask to you, is if exist the possibility to edit the file -X48CDC24.bin, before i flash it inside the Cmos cip, modifing bios default for example , startup disk, activing raid, changing frequency of fsb and voltage of cpu or dram, and whatever i wont, and flash it inside CMOS,
so that the new one bios becomes a bios default, and when i press F1 to boot the system, this bios already have write inside overclock, raid config, startup disk and whathever i need. Of course i need an editor that shows me the bios data like when i press cancel key and pc showed me the bios page in normal way (like when it worked well)!!

Could be possible or not do it...or it is a crazy idea that cannot works, in every case ?
Unfortunately it is the only way of being able to still use my MB on this PC.

Best regards
sandro c
find
Just give me a few days, its been busy Smile

TheWiz
www find
[quote='TheWiz' pid='21932' dateline='1286364689']
Just give me a few days, its been busy

Just for info, i wont to say to you that i have tray to replace CPU, not the same but a similar, an Intel Q 6600, but the bios problem is still in the PC.
Also with this cpu the bios give message < cpu was changed, reinsert data and remember to save before exit.>, but after i press cancel Key, video do not display bios data and cursor remain to flash .
My be also the Cpu replacing is not the right way to solve problem!
At this point could be only circuitery around the Cmos, my be. When you have the time to replay me, please send your suggests.

Ciao "The Wiz"
sandro c.

find