Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-47 BIOS unl...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:55 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 28
[REQUEST] Adding DDR3 support to Aptio I...
Last Post: Lixkote
Today 02:36 AM
» Views: 228
[REQUEST] Lenovo Lenovo B480 Whitelist R...
Last Post: nzfunk
Yesterday 08:11 AM
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 7739(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 06:57 AM
» Replies: 54
» Views: 12184
ACER e5-721 recovery bios
Last Post: bergekste
Yesterday 06:49 AM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 22505
[REQUEST] BIOS Unlock for Gigabyte G5-KD...
05-14-2024 06:45 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 398
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad L450 (JDETxxWW...
05-14-2024 03:29 PM
» Replies: 94
» Views: 41775
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
05-14-2024 03:19 PM
» Replies: 84
» Views: 26157
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Alan23
05-14-2024 11:54 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 126646
HP Pro 3300 & 3400 (H61): Upgrade to Ivy...
Last Post: miant
05-14-2024 03:03 AM
» Replies: 118
» Views: 80686
[REQUEST] Lenovo G70-70 BIOS Whitelist R...
05-13-2024 05:01 PM
» Replies: 134
» Views: 66884
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
05-13-2024 04:59 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 6254
[Request] Dell Inspiron 17r SE 7720 Unlo...
Last Post: flashmaniak
05-13-2024 08:55 AM
» Replies: 91
» Views: 93886
TerraMaster F2-220 Bios
Last Post: mcunanan9
05-13-2024 08:12 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 243
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro N50-610 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: Lucas66700
05-13-2024 07:59 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] MSI B550M VDH WIFI BIOS UNLOCK
Last Post: CFW
05-12-2024 08:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 196
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Deltist
05-12-2024 03:09 PM
» Replies: 267
» Views: 66073
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
05-12-2024 01:22 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 392
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 BIOS Unl...
05-12-2024 04:13 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 9311
Amibios 8 mod - problem with LPT port
Last Post: Beniu33
05-12-2024 04:10 AM
» Views: 263

Fujitsu U820 With Fujitsu SLIC 2.1/SLP
(10-05-2009, 12:21 AM)Best8845 Wrote: 1234s282 = Corrupted?
BusyKid = Should Work / No error?

Is that what you mean?
But everything seems too late... I cannot get it to recover either... Paperweight Now...

That is my opinion on it. The table is not matching what I pull from the original and what Busykid rom has for ACPI1.ROM. When I unpacked the rom with PBE the dumped roms do not match. I am not seeing the new SLIC as it's own table in the PBE dump. When I split the rom manually I am seeing the SLIC as a new table (ACPI11.rom) and the ACPI01 match the original. Inserting compressed SLIC table throwing it off???
1234s282 maybe can clarify it.
The Strings looks like "Advanced" was renamed to "Advanced " but not renamed back after changes were made. I've never renamed a main tag like that to know how it would affect the actual boot up.
need a break, will check back tomorrow.
find
The extra space is just so it counts as a change so PBE can rebuild the files , otherwise it doesnt detect a change and you cant resave it.

Il keep battling with it - i think this is the most awkward bios ive ever dealt with! Tongue

Admin
find
(10-05-2009, 02:43 AM)1234s282 Wrote: The extra space is just so it counts as a change so PBE can rebuild the files , otherwise it doesnt detect a change and you cant resave it.

Il keep battling with it - i think this is the most awkward bios ive ever dealt with! Tongue

Admin
Yeah I've been looking over how these phoenix ones work . Spent way more time than I really planned. Wink Anyway. If you dump the modded bios you should see what I am talking about with ACPI1.ROM. PBE reads the structure differently than the original. Looks like the inserted SLIC table was compressed on the rebuild. Could this cause the problem? All that I have read say no compress the new slic bin but I have not found an explanation of why.
Should be an option tell PBE to build it without making changes... hmm I feel a patch idea coming. PBE will still rebuild it if renamed back to the original before building and no rebuild of the strings is done. Alternate take the dump and use prepare and catenate to rebuild it instead. There is a newer version of prepare/catenate but I have not seen it yet.
For a second test on these, maybe consider running a file hasher after building. Redump the mod and compare hashes. In the few phoenix I have made changes, the BIOSCOD1.ROM, BIOSCOD3.ROM and the new ACPI#.ROM are the main files that will be different (excluding the rom.scr).
find
(10-05-2009, 01:25 AM)Best8845 Wrote: No Battery. Not Plugged. Pressed n Hold Fn+F. Plug Power, No battery, Power On. Waited 10 minutes, yields NOTHING...

Fn+ Other Known Keys gets me nowhere...

I tried my USB Recovery Crisis in my other computer... It boots the minidos, so I think it is working... I replaced the BIOS.WPH with BIOS_Data.ROM from Fujitsu site...

Guess it is time to call technical support...

Read this doc from Fujistu. There is a jumper on most systems. This PDF covers some of them. Similar docs are on the Fujitsu ftp.
Code:
http://www.inpc.com.ua/data/support/mboards/d2703s/pf_recoverybios_e.pdf
find
Thank you for providing me the suggestions, and you all have helped me a lot. I appreciated all the extra time and efforts you all have maded...

For the PDF, I am sure it does not have a jumper for it just by looking at the disassembly photos taken online by someone else for my notebook.

Technical support is next, but I doubt they can provided me a way to recover it... Sad
find
(10-05-2009, 11:55 AM)Best8845 Wrote: Technical support is next, but I doubt they can provided me a way to recover it... Sad
good luck. the board is reported to support bios recovery. a tech other than a precheck list verifier tech should be able to inform you how to get into that mode. I looked at some photos also but none were too clear, if it supports this method it would probably be a micro switch or testpoint. There are some test points visible but can't read what it is. It would probably be near the bios battery cable. Wouldn't hurt to pull the cmos battery connector off for few minutes with the main battery removed.

Also try a few other ideas. Since you can get into the BIOS still. Try disabling everything not needed to boot. ie all the modules gps, bluetooth, modem, etc. comm ports, all those security features, basic vga screen and see if you can get a spark of life to work with. The portion of code that ACPI1 deals with is USB/PCI resources. Maybe you can get it past the POST screen.

Try enabling Full Diagnostic on boot screen, instead of quick boot. Maybe it will error in to a reset if it detects the error. Enable event log. Event Log viewing in the Advanced setting may point out something else to try.

Also try using the Windows Key instead of the FN key to bring up the recovery. Sometimes the keyboards are not mapped the same with special keys.
find
last one... Can you tell me if you a get a recovery menu while pressing Enter or F12 when the logo flashes. Its the same time you can press F2 to get into the BIOS. If you are seeing a recovery menu listed, if you click ctrl + shift + s Do you get some other type of recovery menus that go into Flash recovery? I found a post about a recovery menu in the Boot Menu for a U810 but no other references to what it is. My Lifebook has something similar called Diagnostics but I figured it had something to do with a hidden partition on the OEM install which I removed... Maybe yours will have something else. There is something dead listed in the bios strings called my recovery but I can not find any references to it either. It might be the part of the Event Viewer...
if you get something working or some magic key combo from tech support please post back.
find
(10-05-2009, 03:04 PM)rbjack Wrote: last one... Can you tell me if you a get a recovery menu while pressing Enter or F12 when the logo flashes. Its the same time you can press F2 to get into the BIOS. If you are seeing a recovery menu listed, if you click ctrl + shift + s Do you get some other type of recovery menus that go into Flash recovery? I found a post about a recovery menu in the Boot Menu for a U810 but no other references to what it is. My Lifebook has something similar called Diagnostics but I figured it had something to do with a hidden partition on the OEM install which I removed... Maybe yours will have something else. There is something dead listed in the bios strings called my recovery but I can not find any references to it either. It might be the part of the Event Viewer...
if you get something working or some magic key combo from tech support please post back.

mmm...

Event Viewer shows "System Reconfigured" and I have like a dozen of those... if not more... I think related to the F9 I pressed last night...

Done that.
I have the menu. & I believe it also related to the hidden partition in the hard drive, but it will not load even I set HDD as the only boot device... Tried also the RECOVERY disc with CDROM only option, still nada...

No recovery menu, clicking CTRL+SHIFT+S while Boot Logo, click and hold while no power and turn it on (the recovery BIOS step), and click it while in the boot menu, gives me nothing...

My BIOS is SecureCore. I have access to a mouse-clickable menu while Fujitsu logo showing... It also have Diagnostic/Boot Menu... But only option there worked are System Info and Patent Info... I think I tried every known method, but seems like nothing's working after the POST screen... Just pure black screen...

I tried plugging it CD-ROM drive, it will make no spinning sound either... plugged USB thumb in, no read light from the USB... so I guess it hangs right after the logo screen...

Looks like this machine is messed up for good... Clueless right now...
Fujitsu Tech support claims it is a hard drive issue. Need to send it back for a hard drive replacement...
< I know for a fact it is nothing related to it... > But what can I say? They are the only one that can work the magic now...

I asked for steps on BIOS recovery, he mentioned nothing exists.

Looks like the thing they are replacing will be the motherboard...
find
you said you can get it to load minidos

cant you mae a bootable dos disc containing phlash16.exe and the ORIGINAL bios file ?

then execute phlash16.exe bios.rom /x /s or whatever Tongue

in theory this should restore the old one back , as your system is not completely corrupt if you can get into the bios.

Dont send it back yet , il create a recovery disc to restore original for you!

Regards
Admin
find
edited *scratch that. sat too long on the msg before hitting reply, 1234s282 commented
find