Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Analyze java class System Identifier cod...
Last Post: Hasan jeet
Today 03:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: sscdimon
Today 01:53 PM
» Replies: 471
» Views: 132753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: cpih
Today 12:03 PM
» Replies: 846
» Views: 328756
Delete Whitelist HP 15s-eq1000
Last Post: gdefareins
Today 09:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 163
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) ...
Last Post: jabbari74
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 18141
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Today 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194396
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Yesterday 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 247013
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Yesterday 12:12 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25770
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148262
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59446
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 162
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32086
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58495
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 175
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 936
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 666168
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 220
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55786

Vaio VGN-AR840e - Phoenix R2090J8 - 02/26/2008
(07-24-2011, 09:38 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: thanks for these pics Smile
the only issue now is that that the option called AHCI CONFIGURATION is locked inside the sata sub-menu .

the next modified bios would be the final modification as i knew all hidden options now Smile
i will make it now and upload it here , it will include the AHCI option and 2 other options for sata .

just wait 15 minutes Big Grin
no options for RAID 0 , 1 ......etc .
it`s just options like
SATA RAID ENABLE , RAID CONFIGURATION .
and other options for AHCI .

HERE IS THE BIOS WITH UNLOCKED THE AHCI OPTION AND ANOTHER OPTION FOR SATA ( don`t remember it`s name ) AND UNLOCKED ABOUT 4 OPTIONS INSIDE WORK AROUND MENU .

I`M WAITING YOUR QUICK REPLY AFTER FLASHING AS I WANT TO SLEEP Big Grin Big Grin IT`S 5 : 20 AM HERE Big Grin

NO AHCI anywhere. No RAID configuration. Only RAID Enable or Disable. Sony's original Phoenix BIOS provided for RAID configuration options. Something must not be saved when you are compiling the BIOS because you see the options, yet when I get it installed, they are not there. Could it be PHLASH version that you had provided. I believe there is a newer version 17.

Good night, and thanks for everything. Would love to see what you had done, so that I could repeat process and tinker with it with the actual laptop.
find
Ahmed:

Also, I can no longer boot from USB Flash Drives. Noticed that you had removed External Drive - ENABLED. No option for External Drives. USB Flash Drives are listed with other media bootable devices toward end, but only HDD option will work absent Enabling of External Drives setting.

How can I fix this, as I cannot boot from USB Flash Drive to reflash BIOS?

Richard
find
i only modified the INTEL and ADVANCED tabs but i didn`t change anything in the boot order .
also you should see the AHCI option inside the ICH SATA CONTROL sub-menu under the INTEGRATED DEVICE menu in the ICH CONTROL menu .
i didn`t change the RAID option inside the advanced menu , i only unlocked the ADVANCED tab ( i guess it was already unlocked in the original bios ) .

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS AN OPTION UNDER THE ADVANCED TAB CALLED EXTERNAL BOO ( ENABLE - DISABLE ) AND IT`S DISABLED BY DEFAULT SO YOU CAN ENABLE IT.
THE SAME TAB HAS THE RAID CONFIGURATION AND NETWORK BOOT .

tell me if you didn`t see these options .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(07-25-2011, 08:24 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: i only modified the INTEL and ADVANCED tabs but i didn`t change anything in the boot order .
also you should see the AHCI option inside the ICH SATA CONTROL sub-menu under the INTEGRATED DEVICE menu in the ICH CONTROL menu .
i didn`t change the RAID option inside the advanced menu , i only unlocked the ADVANCED tab ( i guess it was already unlocked in the original bios ) .

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS AN OPTION UNDER THE ADVANCED TAB CALLED EXTERNAL BOO ( ENABLE - DISABLE ) AND IT`S DISABLED BY DEFAULT SO YOU CAN ENABLE IT.
THE SAME TAB HAS THE RAID CONFIGURATION AND NETWORK BOOT .

tell me if you didn`t see these options .
Ahmed - That is what I am trying to explain to you,

1. I understand that you have not affected the Boot Order, that is simple. However, I no longer see any option under the Advanced Tab to Enable/Disable External Boot Device. THIS IS WHY I CANNOT BOOT FROM USB FLASH DRIVES NOW!

2. I do not see any AHCI option (I Would Love to) inside the ICH SATA CONTROL sub-menu under the INTEGRATED DEVICE menu in the ICH CONTROL menu.

3. In my original BIOS, I could set various RAID options (Mirrored, Striping, Etc.). That is gone. I cannot see any such options.

Will I need to reset BIOS to default settings in BIOS menu so that we can flash it again with a fixed modded BIOS that shows me each of these items that I presently cannot see?

Off to work. Great spending my weekend with you. Good thing my wife was away for work over the weekend.

Richard
find
i have opened the original bios file and found that option called EXTERNAL BOOT is disabled by default .

- also i want to knew if you see the ADVANCED tab in your original bios ( not the modified ) and what options was available for raid as i didn`t see any options except ( RAID CONFIGURATION (( HIDE - SHOW )) and SATA RAID ENABLE ) !.

- also i will begin modifying new one now for you but let me knew about the last question .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(07-25-2011, 05:26 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: i have opened the original bios file and found that option called EXTERNAL BOOT is disabled by default .

- also i want to knew if you see the ADVANCED tab in your original bios ( not the modified ) and what options was available for raid as i didn`t see any options except ( RAID CONFIGURATION (( HIDE - SHOW )) and SATA RAID ENABLE ) !.

- also i will begin modifying new one now for you but let me knew about the last question .
Ahmed - Good evening.
I cannot answer your question, as I do not recall what my original BIOS looked like at this point. Also, I cannot enable the External Device, as their is no longer any option to be changed. Yes, I can make USB Flash Drive first bootable device, but irrelevant, since I no longer have an option to enable or disable regarding External Devices.

Should I RESET BIOS to factory default, and start over again with initial BIOS that came with the laptop?

Then flash it with your BIOS later?

Richard
find
GOOD EVENING RAICHRAD Smile

don`t worry , just try reseting the defaults or select boot from usb if you can enter the boot menu ( like F12 boot menu in my notebook when i press f12 during post , the boot menu pops up and select the boot from USB ) , then if this fails you will flash using the crisis disk for your notebook .

i have begun modding a new one for you .

find
(07-25-2011, 06:09 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: GOOD EVENING RAICHRAD Smile

don`t worry , just try reseting the defaults or select boot from usb if you can enter the boot menu ( like F12 boot menu in my notebook when i press f12 during post , the boot menu pops up and select the boot from USB ) , then if this fails you will flash using the crisis disk for your notebook .

i have begun modding a new one for you .
Tried F12, only showed Internal Optical Drive and Internal Hard Drive as options to boot from. No USB Flash Drive, No USB Optical Drive, nor any USB Hard Drive.

It appears that somehow your last batch removed the External Device with its Enabled and Disabled options, and now BIOS will not recognize USB devices.

Are we now headed toward Phoenix Crisis? I still have the ROM BIOS created with Universal Boot Backup that I had uploaded at Post 18. So, I will need that ROM file and the Crisis Program. Is Crisis simple to use? Do I run it in Windows 7 64 bit? Remember, I cannot get to DOS through USB Flash Drive.

UPDATE - Phoenix Crisis is only looking to write to a floppy or image file. Do not understand how this will work since I am not using floppy drive (who is in 2011?). So, what is its purpose, and how will we use it?

MORE RECENT UPDATE: Running out to local computer store before it and others close. Going to find a USB Floppy Drive in case this is what is needed. Read on Mainpage, BIOS Recovery, Phoenix, that I will need a USB Floppy Drive, to insert into computer, shutting off power, holding Function & B keys, plugging power cable back in, then booting computer (refreshing the CMOS am I?). So, it appears that I need a USB Floppy Drive, and I know as of Saturday, there was one on a shelf, misplaced. Hopefully it is still there.
find
HI RICHARD ,

you don`t need a floppy drive, you just need a 2GB usbstick and the original BIOS.ROM and the crisis utility for your notebook .

please read more in this link
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...Procedures

don`t try to flash using the floopy as you already have the option to flash using the 2GB usb stick .

HI RICHARD ,

i have made sure that i haven`t change anything except ( ADVANCED AND INTEL TABS AND ALSO THEIR ROUTINES ) in this modified bios.

try flashing this bios using the crisis disk and if this failed to show the boot and RAID options , flash the original bios using the crisis disk .

.rar   new mod.rar (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 41)

find
(07-25-2011, 06:55 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: HI RICHARD, you don`t need a floppy drive, you just need a 2GB usbstick and the original BIOS.ROM and the crisis utility for your notebook .

please read more in this link - http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...Procedures

don`t try to flash using the floopy as you already have the option to flash using the 2GB usb stick .

HI RICHARD, i have made sure that i haven`t change anything except ( ADVANCED AND INTEL TABS AND ALSO THEIR ROUTINES ) in this modified bios.

try flashing this bios using the crisis disk and if this failed to show the boot and RAID options , flash the original bios using the crisis disk.

OKAY - Will not use my new toy, because it does not have a USB connector, but rather when I opened the box, it has a USB connector for a motherboard jumper set(huh?).

STEP 1 - I am formatting my USB flash drive right now with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, Volume 2.1.8.

STEP 2 - I copy the bios.wph file within your new_mod.rar compressed file, and which of the following to the USB flash drive:

(1) autoexec.bat and PHLASH16 (These 2 files are in Rescue Folder downloaded from Method 3 on the page you had provided me a URL link to); and/or

(2) Phoenix_Crisis_Recovery.EXE??????

Will these two (2) sets of files conflict?

STEP 3
How to I disconnect the CMOS battery inside my laptop to follow the directions on that webpage?

What are the next steps after that (I know I have to disconnect my laptop battery and AC cable, let it sit for a few minutes, hold the Function and B Keys, while replugging the AC cable back in, power up, hold Function and B keys for a while, and then ????????????
find