Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Fujitsu Esprimo P5710 - unlock [REQUEST]
Last Post: monkeywrench
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 710
Lenovo Z50-70: CPU update
Last Post: PedroFX
05-04-2024 07:20 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 181
My Gateway NV57h has an ACER in BIOS - c...
Last Post: drmrsolds
05-04-2024 05:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2062
Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1
Last Post: Jedrek
05-04-2024 09:49 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2295
[Request] Acer Aspire 3050 unlocked BIOS
Last Post: prowindows62
05-04-2024 07:43 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
HP H-IG41-uATX 45nm microcode update LGA...
Last Post: goldenhill
05-04-2024 04:49 AM
» Replies: 58
» Views: 56758
Asus h61m-d & xeon e3-1265l v2
Last Post: DeathBringer
05-03-2024 04:28 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 228
[REQUEST] - Acer Swift 3 SF314-41G bios ...
Last Post: ersan
05-03-2024 03:03 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 177
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 advanced menu
Last Post: Dudu2002
05-03-2024 09:41 AM
» Replies: 43
» Views: 17088
[REQUEST] ThinkPad T14 Gen1 Intel BIOS W...
Last Post: SSV CHAOTIC
05-03-2024 05:19 AM
» Views: 175
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD & 100...
Last Post: Dudu2002
05-03-2024 03:48 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 7076
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad U310 & U410 (65...
Last Post: 5CarPileup
05-03-2024 02:04 AM
» Replies: 1767
» Views: 381171
HP Pro 3500: CPU Upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
05-03-2024 12:13 AM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 4617
[READ FIRST] Access Advanced settings th...
Last Post: Klinzah
05-02-2024 05:11 PM
» Replies: 424
» Views: 569771
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: sloseba123
05-02-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 87
» Views: 110569
HP EliteBook 840 g2 NVMe
Last Post: x86-64
05-02-2024 06:30 AM
» Views: 141
[Request] Dell 7400 2 in 1 Computrace/Ab...
Last Post: Lorand187
05-01-2024 10:34 PM
» Views: 192
[REQUEST] Gigabyte B75M-D3H BIOS Unlock
Last Post: topadefir
05-01-2024 12:56 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 4078
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: samugarob
05-01-2024 10:08 AM
» Replies: 674
» Views: 169070
[REQUEST] Asus GL504GV BIOS Unlock
Last Post: merjeu
05-01-2024 09:28 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1735

[Request] Fujitsu Siemens Amilo XA 3530
Sad 
Hi all, I want to request an unlocked bios and my second question is I have an urgent problem with my laptop under heavy load. I have looked all over the internet and I have cleaned my fan from dust and applied new thermal compound and I have a laptop cooler but when it is under load it quickly turns off because of some temperature optimization function in the bios. Is it possible to turn off this switch? My CPU is idle at 85°C and under load it is quickly at 95°C and higher. I believe 95°C is the critical temperature when the bios performs a thermal shutdown.
I would die for a unlocked bios! In case someone might find it helpful, I've wrote a Linux kernel module to control the fan speed, in fact the fan on this model is only capable of 2 speed on and off. Here is the file.

-Manufacturer: Fujitsu Siemens
-Motherboard Model: X17
-Bios revision: 6.0x Type: Phoenix BIOS
-Bios Download Link: 2.08
find
85c at idle is very high and dangerous temp ........... and its normal for this temp tp get to 95c easily .
controlling the fan will not lead to any thing useful as you should use a very good thermal compound and a new fan .
controlling the fan will be useful if something like 60c when idle but reach 90c easily ................... but 85c idle temp is very high and its a hardware problem .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(10-02-2011, 04:43 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: 85c at idle is very high and dangerous temp ........... and its normal for this temp tp get to 95c easily .
controlling the fan will not lead to any thing useful as you should use a very good thermal compound and a new fan .
controlling the fan will be useful if something like 60c when idle but reach 90c easily ................... but 85c idle temp is very high and its a hardware problem .

You didn't understand me. I don't want to control the fan. I can do this already, and it's working. What I want to ask is it possible to raise the shutdown temperature a bit higher? I know this board has a big problem with heat. It's just a bad (and cheap) laptop. And about the temperature it's not exactly 85°C at idle it's about 75°C at idle and with some load it's quickly at 85°C. This is the range my kernel module can work for me, or when it's complete idle (means I'm not working with the laptop). But when I apply constantly load on the cpu, for example gaming, or pi calculations it get's hotter then 85°C and then it's shutdown. Don't tell me I have to use better compound or clean the dust. I already did it and I wrote it in my question.
find
Not all thermal compound suitable for laptop. Some thermal compound need under pressure to perform best. Heatsink on notebook doesn't put much pressure on the CPU. What is the brand of thermal compound you use? I already go through what you're experiencing right now. I also have re-applied thermal compound multiple time but it doesn't do any good until I found the suitable thermal compound for notebook.

It is possible to raise the shutdown/critical temperature but I don't think it will do any good. OK, right now max temp is 95C before system shutdown. Let say if we raise to 105C. I bet the temperature will continue to raise up to 105C & system will shutdown. Anyway >105C already dangerous & it will damage the CPU.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
(10-03-2011, 06:50 AM)kizwan Wrote: Not all thermal compound suitable for laptop. Some thermal compound need under pressure to perform best. Heatsink on notebook doesn't put much pressure on the CPU. What is the brand of thermal compound you use? I already go through what you're experiencing right now. I also have re-applied thermal compound multiple time but it doesn't do any good until I found the suitable thermal compound for notebook.

It is possible to raise the shutdown/critical temperature but I don't think it will do any good. OK, right now max temp is 95C before system shutdown. Let say if we raise to 105C. I bet the temperature will continue to raise up to 105C & system will shutdown. Anyway >105C already dangerous & it will damage the CPU.

Hi, I know it's possible, and I read this article about NVRAM and thermal reboot. I got some shutdown yesterday and it say critical temperature is 99°C when I reboot in Linux. Currently I'm using Arctic Cooler MX-3. I changed it a month ago. Maybe that's the problem? Before I was using Liquid Metal Pro and it gaves me very good result, but it's expensive and I wanted to try another compound. Arctic Cooler MX-3 is expensive, too, and I thought if I changed the compound and clean the dust on a monthly basis I can use a "less" good compound like Arctic Cooler MX-3? Currently I'm also limiting my max cpu freq to 80% say about 1900 Mhz from 2200 Mhz. This helps a lot but I think 95°C-99°C shutdown temperature is too low (for this notebook). I can need 5°C or even 10°C extra. What I like to raise is also the throtteling temperature of the cpu this seems to be exactly 95°C and this should be something like 105°C. Note that this temperature is for the BIOS only. I can switch the cpu to 115°C critical temperature withtout any problems, because normally thermal control is disabled.

Quote:HTC features enabled flag: true. Hardware Thermal Control is enabled.
HTC features currently active (means overheating): false
HTC features has been active (means overheated in past): false
HTC parameters are locked: false
HTC Slew control: by Tctl without Slew register
HTC Limit temperature (equal or above means overheating): 115
HTC Hysteresis temperature (equal or below means no more overheating) : 110

But this doesn't changed anything (or maybe I'm too dumb). I tried to undervolt my cpu, too. But it gives me instabality. Currently I'm using this config for gaming and Windows for both cores:

Quote:core 0 pstate 0 - En:1 VID:36 FID:11 DID:0 Freq:1900 VCore: 1.1000
core 0 pstate 1 - En:1 VID:36 FID:11 DID:0 Freq:1900 VCore: 1.1000
core 0 pstate 2 - En:1 VID:36 FID:10 DID:1 Freq:900 VCore: 1.1000

This is without undervolt but underclock and makes it possible to play some decent (graphic intense) games without a shutdown at lowest quality possible.

Here is a replacement fan for my laptop: ebay.

But it's the original not a better one. How can I replace this fan with another? I'm looking the internet, but this seems to be very risky a mod but less risky then the bios mod. What compound do you use? Can you give me an advise? Finally, I've also asked the vendor about this issue to no joy. I know I'm arrogant and I should get rid of this laptop because this is clearly a hardware error but thank you for your time anyway! The laptop has some good feature (AMD cpu, Raid, 17", Made in Germany).

find
I already tried MX-3 successor, Arctic MX-4. In review MX-4 is better than MX-3. However, what ever method I tried (pea, dot, single-line, X, etc) CPU will always idling at high 60s Celsius to 70s Celsius. I already lost count how many time I disassembled my notebook.

There are three thermal compounds recommended for notebook; IC Diamond 7 (ICD7), Arctic Silver 5 (AS5) & Shin-Etsu. Any Shin-Etsu are good. I use Shin-Etsu G751 & it works great. My CPU (with MX-4) usually idling at highest 60s Celsius to 70s Celsius & when gaming max temp up to 100C (sometime system shutdown too). After changing to Shin-Estu G751, it idling at 40s Celsius & when gaming max temp only up to 70C to 74C, no more. See, huge difference. I'd suggest try Shin-Etsu thermal compound first before trying modified BIOS. Shin-Etsu thermal compound not expensive. (Of course I have different CPU but my CPU is quad core. Quad core CPU does produced a lot of heat.)

To change the FAN, you'll need to disassembled the heatsink. The FAN is detachable by removing the screws. Not risky though.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
(10-03-2011, 07:59 AM)kizwan Wrote: I already tried MX-3 successor, Arctic MX-4. In review MX-4 is better than MX-3. However, what ever method I tried (pea, dot, single-line, X, etc) CPU will always idling at high 60s Celsius to 70s Celsius. I already lost count how many time I disassembled my notebook.

There are three thermal compounds recommended for notebook; IC Diamond 7 (ICD7), Arctic Silver 5 (AS5) & Shin-Etsu. Any Shin-Etsu are good. I use Shin-Etsu G751 & it works great. My CPU (with MX-4) usually idling at highest 60s Celsius to 70s Celsius & when gaming max temp up to 100C (sometime system shutdown too). After changing to Shin-Estu G751, it idling at 40s Celsius & when gaming max temp only up to 70C to 74C, no more. See, huge difference. I'd suggest try Shin-Etsu thermal compound first before trying modified BIOS. Shin-Etsu thermal compound not expensive. (Of course I have different CPU but my CPU is quad core. Quad core CPU does produced a lot of heat.)

To change the FAN, you'll need to disassembled the heatsink. The FAN is detachable by removing the screws. Not risky though.

This is the output of my kernel module when I just use the browser a bit. Right after Linux is booted the temperature is already 65°C and then it idle's about 75°C. This is when my kernel module control the fan and monitors the temperature. My main goal was to code a kernel module and to have a silent laptop when it's idle. This is done. The other problem is thermal shutdown and throtteling under high load. I would be glad if someone can raise the thermal shutdown and the thermal throttleing and unlock the bios for me. 65°C when just booted seems very high for me, too. Maybe I want to try this better compound (Shin-Etsu).

Quote:Temp 76C: enable fan
Temp 79C: enable fan
Temp 85C: enable fan
Temp 82C: enable fan
Temp 78C: disabling fan
Temp 78C: disabling fan
Temp 84C: disabling fan
Temp 81C: disabling fan
Temp 82C: disabling fan
Temp 86C: enable fan
Temp 83C: enable fan
Temp 83C: enable fan
Temp 81C: enable fan
Temp 80C: enable fan
Temp 84C: enable fan
Temp 80C: disabling fan
Temp 79C: disabling fan
Temp 88C: enable fan
Temp 78C: enable fan
Temp 83C: disabling fan
Temp 77C: enable fan
Temp 76C: enable fan
Temp 76C: disabling fan
Temp 77C: disabling fan
Temp 77C: disabling fan
Temp 86C: enable fan
Temp 88C: enable fan
find
(10-03-2011, 07:59 AM)kizwan Wrote: I already tried MX-3 successor, Arctic MX-4. In review MX-4 is better than MX-3. However, what ever method I tried (pea, dot, single-line, X, etc) CPU will always idling at high 60s Celsius to 70s Celsius. I already lost count how many time I disassembled my notebook.

I'm new to thermal compound method and I found some Coollaboratory Liquid Metal Pad left so I dediced to experiment a bit. I re-applied a thin layer of Artic MX-3 and add a some metal pad on it. I hope this helps a bit, see my screenshot.

Here is a 80-Way Thermal Paste Benchmark. Shin-Etsu performs better then CoolLaboratory and MX-2!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
I've added a cooper cooler to the cpu heatsink and cut a hole into the bottom.

find
(10-03-2011, 06:50 AM)kizwan Wrote: Not all thermal compound suitable for laptop. Some thermal compound need under pressure to perform best. Heatsink on notebook doesn't put much pressure on the CPU. What is the brand of thermal compound you use? I already go through what you're experiencing right now. I also have re-applied thermal compound multiple time but it doesn't do any good until I found the suitable thermal compound for notebook.

Can you tell me how to raise the temperature? I don't believe you.
find