Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: biospherebios
Today 07:28 PM
» Replies: 86
» Views: 110187
Fujitsu Esprimo P5710 - unlock [REQUEST]
Last Post: monkeywrench
Today 02:28 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 275
[REQUEST] Gigabyte B75M-D3H BIOS Unlock
Last Post: topadefir
Today 12:56 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 3998
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: samugarob
Today 10:08 AM
» Replies: 674
» Views: 168066
[REQUEST] Asus GL504GV BIOS Unlock
Last Post: merjeu
Today 09:28 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1670
[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Un...
Last Post: George205
Today 09:22 AM
» Replies: 168
» Views: 68495
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 advanced menu
Last Post: serinity63
Today 07:03 AM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 16855
[REQUEST] HP Gaming Pavilion 15-cx0xxx B...
Last Post: falkorikstv
Today 07:03 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1557
[REQUEST] Gigabyte G5 KC Unlock BIOS
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:06 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 2237
[REQUEST] M920q BIOS unlock
Last Post: d3vf0x
Yesterday 04:50 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
Yesterday 02:15 PM
» Replies: 1186
» Views: 267848
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X240 (GIETxxWW...
Last Post: BOJIKA
Yesterday 01:33 PM
» Replies: 49
» Views: 17205
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Yesterday 11:17 AM
» Replies: 157
» Views: 54772
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Yesterday 11:16 AM
» Replies: 877
» Views: 289872
[Removed, sp52359] HP Touchsmart Tm2t-22...
Last Post: OrionDakota
Yesterday 10:04 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 21098
[REQUEST] HP Laptop 15-dw3xxx BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: UltraVi0let
Yesterday 09:58 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 198
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: Spacoom
04-29-2024 09:09 AM
» Replies: 146
» Views: 58561
[REQUEST] Unlocked BIOS for Gigabyte H51...
Last Post: IsHacker
04-29-2024 05:32 AM
» Views: 171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Crazy tech
04-28-2024 09:51 PM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 43074
Analyze java class System Identifier cod...
Last Post: Hasan jeet
04-28-2024 03:44 PM
» Views: 151

[REQUEST] Compal NBLB2 Bios advanced menu
Don't worry, just download this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...BLBXX64.fd

and put it in the root of a fat32 formatted usb stick and do the recovery procedure Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(11-21-2011, 04:16 PM)camiloml Wrote: Don't worry, just download this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...BLBXX64.fd

and put it in the root of a fat32 formatted usb stick and do the recovery procedure Wink

Doesnt work. Here is the procedure i did:

-formated the usb stick, copied your file and plugged in
-press fn+b while connecting ac and start notebook
-system startet to read usb stick for 20 seconds and restartet notbook on its own
-now the notebook shuts down on its own when i start it...
-and procedure seems not repeatable cause it shuts down before reading the usb stick

Was the procedure correct?
What about renaming the file to XXXX.Bin? (<-- tried it too. new filename was NBLB.BIN)

bob
find
The recovery filename for that bios is NBLBXX64.fd i think other name will not do the trick.

I don't know the trigger combo for the compal computers, but yes, you should try.

FN+ESC
FN+B
FN+R
WIN+B

Try also removing cmos battery for a while.

Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(11-22-2011, 05:07 AM)camiloml Wrote: The recovery filename for that bios is NBLBXX64.fd i think other name will not do the trick.

I don't know the trigger combo for the compal computers, but yes, you should try.

FN+ESC
FN+B
FN+R
WIN+B

Try also removing cmos battery for a while.

Found a service manual for the compal nblb2 and the trigger combo is fn+b. But the notebook still shut down after several seconds running. Doesnt read hdd or usb anymore...and wasnt able to locate the cmos battery.

find
So, did the mod work ? I don't think Bob00 used a bootable ubs stick.

If it didnt work, please find a mod that works.

Thanks.

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me Wink
find
Hello mates.

I am also in need of this mod, i saw it on mydigitallife but the links there are down. Also the guy who made the mod said that there wasn't enough space on the GUI of the BIOS to support both the standard menus and the two ones u've added, so he did something similiar to what you did.

Now i tried to flash my bios with FreeDOS and this firmware you've uploaded but i got an error, which i've taken a picture of:
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2324/...215641.jpg

Any help? =) I will be more than happy to help test the firmware if you need to do some tweaks and whatnot.
find
Okay I now successfully got the BIOS flashed (via FreeDOS) but the modded firmware bricked my BIOS.

Now i tried to recover it with the recovery file on a FAT formatted USB pen with the file in the root directory, but no luck.

According to the NBLB2 service manual the procedure is what Bob00 described and it seemed to work, but after the computer had read the USB drive for about 20-30 sec it turned itself off - now when turning it on with or without the Fn+B key combo it turns itself off after a few seconds...

Any help on this please?
find
Okay so I've been fiddling around with this the whole day and not gotten any further.

This is what I've done in cronologic order.

1. Downloaded FreeDOS and the modded BIOS and put on a flash drive.
2. BIOS updated successfully according to the flashit.exe program.
3. Restarted computer - blank screen appeared computer refused to start up.
4. Proceeded to the recovery steps.

4.a. Downloaded the NBLBXX64.fd file posted by camiloml
4.b Put it on a FAT formatted drive.
4.c Plugged battery and AC cabel off and putted the USB in the laptop.
4.d Holded Fn+B(It is the right combo) and the laptop started, lights only in the power button and not in the other LED's as it should according to the service manual.
4.e Flash drive seems to get readed and the laptop stands for a ½ min or so - then turns off and doesnt turn on again.
4.f Waited abit and nothing happens - thought this was a success.

5. Tried to boot the laptop normally but no image on the screen. The computer stays on for a ½ min then turns off.
6. Tried the recovery steps all over, with bios from compals official site.
7. Computer turns on (into the recovery mode where only power LED is on and no other) but turns of almost instantly again (about 2-5 sec). (If recovery step not provided still no image but computer stays on for a ½ min)

Thought it was perhaps the format of the USB pen or the name of the file or the extension. So i've tried these things aswell afterwards:
- Changing the file name to NBLB, BIOS, etc.
- Changing the file extension to FD, fd, ROM, rom, BIN, bin etc.
- Changing the size of the USB pen partition and the partition type(FAT, FAT16, FAT32)

With no luck, now I found these two sites, but i cant find the right EFI name for my bios, which might work according to: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...d-requests. and http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...ible-names.
**EDIT** Okay i found the EFI name and it was the "NBLBXX64"

Can anyone be of any assistance as I am very desperate as to get the computer running again as it is my "only" pc(The one using now is a media center and cant really do much)
find
The file i posted is the original unmodified bios, just renamed to the recovery name, don't know why it is not working, and even less why it does not allow to repeat the procedure. Sorry guys, and without the machine on my hands i really cannot do much more.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(01-04-2012, 12:13 PM)camiloml Wrote: The file i posted is the original unmodified bios, just renamed to the recovery name, don't know why it is not working, and even less why it does not allow to repeat the procedure. Sorry guys, and without the machine on my hands i really cannot do much more.

This is unlucky for me and Bob then - I have contacted compal and have frequented alot of forums now to find a way to unbrick my bios and will keep looking and post here when i get a result.

Regarding your modded bios at least we can conclude it doesn't work Smile

Perhaps look into what the guy from mdl said about the bios not being able to handle more than the standard menu points if you are still up for trying to mod this bios?

**EDIT**
One thing that bugs me alot tho is that it does NOT seem like the USB drive ever gets read now... As if the failed recovery thingy made it compeletely brick or unable to read from USB drive.
**EDIT**

Regards,
Stephan
find