Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424153
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3556
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309511
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169145
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274949

3rd Party RAM Mod For HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Desktop Mini PC
#1
It seems that HP has started blocking 3rd Party RAM on their HP Business Mini PC. I have an Intel G3 model and an AMD G5 model. If you install the latest BIOS on these units with 3rd Party RAM installed. They will no longer post.

With my HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Desktop Mini PC. The 32GB G.Skill RAM I installed still works with BIOS v1.20 and will boot. If I install v1.21, v1.22, and the latest v1.23. The device will no longer boot with the RAM installed. I then have to put back in the HP Supported RAM I have and downgrade back to BIOS v1.20 so I can use my RAM again.

Is it possible to mod the latest BIOS to add support back for 3rd Party RAM? Wasn't sure if someone was able to do this or maybe there was a tool available that already does this. Would be nice if we could have bios mods for all these Mini PCs to restore 3rd Party RAM support. I will post links to the BIOS for just my G5 unit if anyone wants to take a look.

HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Desktop Mini PC
3rd party RAM Still Works
v1.20 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp152501-...152721.exe

3rd party RAM No Longer Works
v2.21 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp155001-...155113.exe
v2.22 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp157001-...157499.exe
v2.23 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp161501-...161502.exe

I did message HP Support about my G3 Mini PC on Twitter/X and this was there response. I don't think I had the G5 at that time.

I get how frustrating it can be when a simple RAM upgrade turns into a mystery. From what you’ve described, it seems like the BIOS 2.21 update may have introduced tighter memory compatibility settings, which is why your Corsair RAM didn’t work until you rolled back to 2.20. HP doesn’t exactly whitelist RAM, but firmware updates can sometimes refine memory compatibility for stability reasons. In some cases, this may affect certain third-party RAM modules. That said, I’d recommend checking the HP support page for any documentation on memory compatibility changes in BIOS 2.21. You could also try resetting the BIOS to default settings after updating, just to see if that makes a difference. 

I replied back with this.

Sure... Still sounds like a way to block third-party RAM, so people are forced to buy your more expensive Compatible RAM and put money in your pocket, while claiming we don't have a whitelist. Just like the shenanigans with your Printers and Ink.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)