Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424127
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3553
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309491
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169138
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61105
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

ASUS E203MA BIOS Reconstruction Help
#1
Hello. Very new to the world of BIOS modding and using hex editors so please forgive me if I sound like I don't know what I am talking about because well...I kind of don't. Tongue 

That said, I have a ASUS E203MA that I suspect may have a corrupt BIOS. The computer powers on, but black screen. No external video either. Tried some initial troubleshooting and I am down to either corrupt BIOS or faulty motherboard. I want to try BIOS first.  I removed the motherboard from the laptop and then desoldered the Winbond BIOS chip. Using a Raspberry Pi 3 and some soldered-on wires, I used flashrom to take a dump of the original (possibly corrupt) BIOS and saved it as a .bin

I then downloaded the latest BIOS from ASUS's website. (https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-Lap...Desk_BIOS/) It is my understanding that ASUS BIOS updates are not complete BIOS ROMs, but rather, a partial ROM that ASUS EZ-Flash merges in with the existing BIOS during an update or something to that effect. I'm not really sure how that works, but that is my general understanding however wrong it may be.

I was reading about other users with a similar situation on ASUS's website (https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index...55497.html) and some users were creating "reconstructed BIOS" images by dumping the original ROM and then merging in the downloaded update using a hex editor by following this:


Code:
Reconstructed_Image 0x0 - 0x1FFFFF = Bricked_Image 0x0 - 0x1FFFFF ( 2 Mb).
Reconstructed_Image 0x200000 - 0x7FFFFF = Update image 0x800 - 0x6007FF ( 6 Mb)


I downloaded HxD and loaded both the original dump and the update file I downloaded from ASUS. I can see the files are indeed different, but here is where I become painfully lost. I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing at this point. I was hoping someone could help me.

Basically, I am trying to get an up-to-date ASUS BIOS ROM (as a .bin) by merging my dump with the latest ASUS update so I can then flash that image back to the Winbond chip, solder it back to the motherboard, and see if it fixes my problem.

I have attached my original dump to this post. Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Original dump: https://www.filehosting.org/file/details...iginal.zip
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)