Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6420
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14051
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424582
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3660
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224930
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119216
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309849
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 662
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20323
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169453
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6396
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 868

ASUS P5Q
#1
Hello I'm trying to update standard P5Q bios 22.09 with option ROM 10.x or v11.x for Intel ICH10R Raid controller, but system doesn't recognize it.
It hangs during boot on controller page where I should press CTRL-I to configure RAID, displaying a black screen with cursor blinking on the top left corner.
With older Roms, like 8.x and 9.x, I was able to modify Bios properly with MMTool.
Is it possible to hack this bios with newer Intel Roms? I've read somewhere that 1MB EEprom (like the one fitted on P5Q) will be unable to use these Roms. Is it true? Why? Can I replace the Eeprom chip with bigger one (i.e. 2mb?)

Thanks in advice.

Andrea Gumirato
Italy


Attached Files
.zip   p5q-asus-2209_Original.zip (Size: 714.67 KB / Downloads: 0)
.bin   Intel ICH10R ROM v11.6.0.1624.bin (Size: 117 KB / Downloads: 2)

--------------------
Andrea Gumirato
Bologna (Italy)
find
quote
#2
try 10.1
find
quote
#3
(10-12-2012, 02:47 PM)Florin9doi Wrote: try 10.1

I was able to fit 10.1.0.1008. I discovered a problem (freeze) with RST drivers with the same build. Moving to 11.6.x (with bios 10.1) everything is fine.
Btw, do you know why is it impossible to fit newer ROM?

Thank you so much.

--------------------
Andrea Gumirato
Bologna (Italy)
find
quote
#4
(10-12-2012, 09:20 AM)vashkenazy Wrote: ...Is it possible to hack this bios with newer Intel Roms? I've read somewhere that 1MB EEprom (like the one fitted on P5Q) will be unable to use these Roms. Is it true? Why? Can I replace the Eeprom chip with bigger one (i.e. 2mb?)...

I would like to know it, too.

Please, if somebody can give us an answer?

Thanks!Blush
find
quote
#5
(11-15-2012, 05:50 AM)muerte Wrote: I would like to know it, too.

Please, if somebody can give us an answer?

Thanks!Blush

Hello, I finally restored 8.9 bios and drivers (Matrix Storage), because the server (Win2k8R2) freezes and RAID-5 volume corruptions occurs.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Andrea Gumirato
Bologna (Italy)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)