Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6403
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 138
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424548
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3654
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224779
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119205
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309811
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62001
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169429
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6386
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

ASUS r900vb bricked bios !
#1
Hello all in advance and thanks for all the help...


Asus r900vb, motherboard zay90 la-a681p.
Problem is that my brother in law somehow flashed for his known reasons bios to the latest from asus web site, K95VBAS.209....
Now I think he corrupted his bios flashing it either trough USB 3.0, or something else went wrong black screen on post...
It surely works and everything fires up....But no screen...

I own EN25T80 and I use CH341A software...Since it's been a long time ago I used my programmer, forgetting thing seems irrelevant Big Grin, can you please help me out on this...

Downloaded bios file from asus web site is in .208  .209  formats. I did make a backup from the chip itself and it's somewhere around 8mb file.... Downloaded file is around 4mb.....
What am I missing....
When I try to load the file to ch341a software since it;s not a .bin. file it simply does not recognize it... Should I just rename the file to .bin. or am I suppose to somehow convert the file to .bin.
Seems there is a trick with thees new UEFI bioses or am again to old and did not follow a build up of new upcoming bioses...

I'm worried about difference in file size between the one I backed up from chip and the one I downloaded from site.....
What am I missing .... Thanks guys....
Chip is winbond 25q64fvsig.

And ya I read something about flashing bios-es with programmer you actually loose or of data about mac address etc...
Can someone with more knowledge instruct me what am I suppose to do or just link me to step by step hard flashing bios with programmer..

Thanks again.... !
It's and smd chip, so I de soldered it from the motherboard and it's soldered on my pogrammer.. I can read/erase and program the chip... !
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)