Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224572
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 412
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Acer 5536G wont boot after BIOS upgrade
#1
I tried to flash this BIOS here - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-t...ios?page=1

Here is the post describing what has happened - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-t...1#pid87951

I'm not sure how to fix it, I know the flash was good as the program verified it before flashing and after the flash it brought up a message saying it was a success. BIOS file is good as the creator has no problem with it on his laptop and someone else in thread successfully flashed it on theirs. I can reflash it from the recovery mode but it still doesn't boot, not sure how to proceed? Do I need to pull the CMOS battery and put back in to clear it's memory or something? Does this sound like a normal upgrade procedure from V1.03 to V1.11?
find
quote
#2
Hello Agret,

As a starting point, I would try removing the notebook battery, power adapter, and CMOS battery for a period of 15 minutes. Sometime towards the end of this period, press and hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds to help dissipate any remaining power.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
I solved it Smile

I managed to find this forum thread
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...-bios-dead

Which said you need Phlash16 v1.6.9.5 to recover a 5536.

I googled that version as the link on that thread no longer exists and found this post with it-
http://www.helpowl.com/q/Acer%20Computer...urn/209853

I renamed the modded bios I got from here to BIOS.WPH and put it with that version of the crisis tool and booted my laptop. Didn't have to press any keys, it reloaded the firmware from the USB and then rebooted it automatically. It's alive again Smile yay so happy. Hope it fixes the Windows 8.1 boot freezing issue otherwise i'll have to disable hybrid shutdown and sleep functions of Windows =(


I've attached the crisis version with the bios for this laptop to this post in case anyone has the same problem and finds this on Google.


Attached Files
.rar   CRISIS DISK - Phlash16_v1.6.9.5 with modded 5536g BIOS.rar (Size: 702.09 KB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote
#4
Hello Agret,

I am glad that you found a solution to your notebook's problem. Thank you for sharing your findings with others who encounter the same problem! Smile


~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)