Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223804
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119101
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169154
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 770
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61115
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274952

Acer Aspire 5738 Restore full ram speed
#1
Hello. My Acer Aspire 5738 (chipset Intel GM45) originally had bios version 1.18. With it the installed PC2-6400 DDR2 runs at full speed of 800 MHz.

I updated the bios with last version 1.34 and now my PC2-6400 runs only at 667 MHz.
I tried the versions 1.34 1.28 and 1.25 (the only I found on line) and also the unlocked version of 1.34 and 1.28 founded here.
I tried also with an other brand of ram but it runs only at 667 Mhz

I searched online for hours, I didn't find anywhere below version 1.25
I think it's only an Acer marketing move because GM45 supports DDR2 at 800 MHz (as with bios 1.18)...

So I would ask if it is possible please to mod the original version 1.28 (I don't like 1.34) in order to get ram at full speed of 800 MHz

I ask please only this modify. Thank you very much


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.28_A_A.zip (Size: 5.39 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
Make, zip and attach TXT report of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
Done!
At the moment it has the bios 1.25 because I'm making some other (useless) tries...

Thank you very much


Attached Files
.zip   cpu-z report.zip (Size: 8.38 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#4
Update to actual version.
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults, save and reboot.
Make new TXT report of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#5
I flashed the version 1.28 (which I requested).
Loaded setup defaults

Attached a new zipped cpu-z report


Attached Files
.zip   cpu-z report new.zip (Size: 8.43 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#6
Try to flash old version - https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detai...id=1522185
find
quote
#7
I already downloaded it, but I didn't flash it because probably it has not Intel T9400 microcode.
However I will try to flash it now.
find
quote
#8
And try modded 1.19 - http://www.mediafire.com/?77u7ihhszz2fjsu
find
quote
#9
I  flashed the 1.06 version and loaded setup defaults. Intel T9400 seems to be correctly recognised and ram now runs at full speed 800 MHz.
I attach cpu-z report.

However this version is a bit too old and not optimized, so I requestd the little modify to the 1.28 version. If it is an hard work I leave this 1.06.

Thank you


Attached Files
.zip   cpu-z report.zip (Size: 8.4 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#10
Wow, thanks! I now try the modded 1.19 . If it works it's perfect in this way
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)