Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424169
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 222
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223818
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309521
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61118
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274953

Acer Aspire AM7720-E7810A Bios Mod
#1
Hi,

I don't know what kind of bios the motherboard of this system has but was wondering if there was any bios mod that would allow over clocking.

Acer Aspire AM7720-E7810A
Intel i7-920 2.66GHZ
12GB DDR3

Thanks
find
quote
#2
Please post the link of the bios you want modded.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
Yes please.

Could we also see about enabling 4GB DIMMs, too? If it is a limitation of the board, that's fine but many x58 boards support 24GB RAM vs. the current 12GB max on this PC.

If you're really enterprising, I'm dying for a fix to the IOMMU RMRR issue preventing me from using VT-D in Opensolaris snv_127. (and previous.)

This is the BIOS in question:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles%5CBIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_R01.A3_A_ASM7720.zip?acerid=633837516299415202&Step1=Desktop&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20M7720&OS=V10&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_4

Many thanks for any efforts!
find
quote
#4
the following options are hidden

Pnp/Pci Resource Management
Power Management - CPU Shutdown Temperature , H/W Health Function
Frequency Voltage Control - CPU Configuration (Overclocking , Hyperthreading etc)

however , attempting to activate any of these modules resulted in corrupting the bios file.

I will email my moderators and see if anyone else ahs some luck with this

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#5
Here you go, all OC options unlocked. This inclues the Intel VT setting you were looking for along with a whole bunch of other goodies.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/modasm7720.rom

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
I wanted to ask, if anyone knows. If this Bios is actually the same, as the one I asked you guys to unlock. Because its exactly the same pc, but for the ram and the videocard.. ???
****Edit****
They indeed use the same bios.. This one worked for me 2.. But there were no unlocked bus speeds.. only multiplier.. Unless I looked over something
find
quote
#7
Yeah but the original I unlocked may not work on the oem version?

Please clarify this, as some people said they were having trouble saving settings with this one.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#8
Well I dont know to much about all of this.. I tried this new biosmod you posted in this thread it worked.. I also have an acer aspire m7720 as seen in another thread. Only difference is I have other ram and videocard.. I could see a lot of new options and the settings were changeable and they stay changed. I just could not find a setting to change the bus frequenty..
I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit installed no longer an acer copy I found it myself.... I hope this helps explain some things..

(srry for my english, this is a little hard for me)
find
quote
#9
Hey Guys,

I am in canada, I just bought this system Acer Aspire AM7720-E7870A (Not E7810A, it could be the same system in US). AM7720-E7870A VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT E &F CORE i7-920 2.66GHz , 9 gigs DDR2.

I did all kinds of search to get some technical info about this system and came up empty. I would like to increase the RAM and any other "mod" I can do to it. I don't know where to get the BIOS for this if any one can help me out and help me mod it I GREATLY appreciate it.

Thank you.

P.S does anyone know how I can find out what kind of mother board this machine has, I opened it up but it doesn't have any name on it.
find
quote
#10
I think this bios should help you out.

http://www.bios-mods.com/showthread.php?tid=1230

Also, I think i7s use DDR3, double check. As for the board all I know is that its an AMI bios, but I can look later.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)