Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424127
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3553
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309491
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169138
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61105
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

Acer Aspire M5201
#1
Hello everyone,

I have the acer aspire m5201 and I would like to change the FSB settings but I can't. All the FSB and frequency options are grayed out and I can't select them.
I would just like to know what I could do to access these options to overclock my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. My Bios version is v02.61 American Megatrends Inc. R01-B3 dated 10/31/2008
quote
#2
Which options exactly and what menus do they appear under

Because ive just downloaded the R01-B3 update from acer and had a look and nothing is hidden!
find
quote
#3
Hi. I have the same problem with impossibility of overclocking but I have BIOS Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version R01-B2
Date 08/15/2008
so I don't know if I can reinstall it to R01-B3 or R01-B4 or R01-C0 which I found on official website
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?Langu...2054404012 (Desktop-Aspire-M5201-BIOS)
and used to be for Acer Aspire M5201...?
find
quote
#4
You should install the latest (R01-C0) - it should be compatible if its listed on the official website! Tongue

Then if you still dont have the overclocking options try pressing Ctrl F1 , Ctrl Home , or Ctrl F9 in the BIOS to see i f this displays any advanced options (which sometimes happens Smile)

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#5
Hi. Now I've got a great problem. Somthing broke when i was installing R01-C0 version (after that i found out that i must have R01-B3 or R01-B4 first to be able install R01-C0) so now i have only black screen. Can somebody help me? PC do not have a diskete drive A: so i can't repair my BIOS in normal way of repairing AMI BIOS. I tried to plug one, but it does not start, so i can't just press CTRL+HOME to load R01-B2 version from it. Only CD-ROM look like it's working but i didn't find any way how to repair AMI BIOS from DVD. Only Award BIOS read any bootable stuff with DOS and utility for reinstalling BIOS and some autorun (because grafic is not running too).
So, do somebody know what to do now(except some professional servis which cost a lot)? Maybe some restart on MotherBoard to load and repair BIOS from BOOTBLOCK??? Or anything else??? I realy don't know...
Thanx much
find
quote
#6
Is that what your board looks like?

http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/00100520497/So...ID=143331/

Do you see an 8-pin IC between a heatsink and a battery? Has "MX" written in the upper left corner. That's the BIOS chip. If it's your board, you're lucky since it's not soldered. Meaning - you can flash it on another similar board (by similar I mean any board with such BIOS chip).

You can start looking for a friend that has one. Appears often on top Asus, most AsRock boards. Not Gigabyte - those are likely to have a soldered one.

Then you need to make a bootable USB flash drive (I'll add instructions a bit later). You stick a prepared flash with flashing utility and your BIOS, boot DOS then most gently remove the present BIOS chip and input yours. And don't mess up and stick it up side down - the chip has a half-circle lowering on the left side (sides are oriented as the text is written on the chip) for orientation. Or you can look at the text to check whether it's inserted properly.

Then you write a command line and your done.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)