Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424180
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223851
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309532
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6268
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61120
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG
#11
(06-29-2015, 07:37 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
It seems to be only one Bios for all Laptops, then during the flashing then It will
choice what to do !
You can try to use Flashit.exe (just do a search on Google), but I think will not possible !
You can use a LiveUSB with win7 on like this one :

Hiren's Boot DVD 15.2 Restored Edition 1.1 (January 2013)

It permits to run WinXP or Win7 x32 from an USB Stick !
Regards

Thx BDMaster.
I just downloaded v1.12 of the bios from Acer's support site for the 4830T and the 4830TG.
It's the version that I currently have running.

Both BIOS names are P4LJ0112.bin and they are binary identical (so it proves that there's only one bios for both models).
The download comes with both DOS and WINDOWS flashers.
The DOS version has a BIOS.BAT file that flashes the bios and the EC firmware.

Now, the modded bios folder has a file that is named as P4LJ0x64.fd.
I assume this is the modded bios file.
So, if I just edit the BIOS.BAT file and change the name of the bios from P4LJ0112.bin to P4LJ0x64.fd, that should flash the modded bios ?
find
quote
#12
Ok friend,
to use that file from DOS You have to remove (cut away) 0x20000h bytes from head address 0x00000h then
file will be 4096 KB like Original DOS One !
Into that header there is the EC which will be flashed a part from DOS !
I hope You understand . . .

Here is the file for DOS use :

http://rghost.net/8jb4NGkxs

If You have same Bios version 1.12 You don't need to reflash EC too so just use this comand from
CLI Window C:\ . . . :

flashit P4LJ0112.bin /BIOS /B /n

Or use batch file BIOS.BAT
Regards

Donate to me . . . look into my Signature Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#13
(06-29-2015, 03:33 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
to use that file from DOS You have to remove (cut away) 0x20000h bytes from head address 0x00000h then
file will be 4096 KB like Original DOS One !
Into that header there is the EC which will be flashed a part from DOS !
I hope You understand . . .

Here is the file for DOS use :

http://rghost.net/8jb4NGkxs

If You have same Bios version 1.12 You don't need to reflash EC too so just use this comand from
CLI Window C:\ . . . :

flashit P4LJ0112.bin /BIOS /B /n

Or use batch file BIOS.BAT
Regards

Donate to me . . . look into my Signature Wink

OK. I understand the the *.fd file includes the EC firmware at the beginning.
Before I go and blast that file in, is there a good bios recovery procedure (just in case if it goes wrong) for InsydeH2O?
find
quote
#14
I haven't got this occasion to get users asked me for Recovery Bios so I don't know !
But Insyde (old versions) has got good Recovery !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#15
I booted DOS and ran flashit /? and it came back with protected mode exception.
That did not fill me with any confidence and did not want to risk bricking my laptop.

I happen to have a copy of Hiren boot CD on USB which has Mini Win XP.
I booted that and ran the Windows Insyde flasher that came with the modded BIOS.

All flashed OK and entered the BIOS with F2 key no problem.

First thing I noticed in the new Boot menu was UEFI Boot was enabled.
Seems to imply UEFI bios.

Time to experiment.
find
quote
#16
(02-20-2015, 07:26 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Acer Aspire 3830 - 4830 - 5830 - G - T - TG TimelineX

Try this one (Bios v.1.12 Menu Tabs Unlocl + More Options) :

http://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

regards

Will this work with the 3830tg? The name of the file is 4830. :/ The file size is also only 3.5MB vs 5.7 MB of the original?


(06-30-2015, 09:12 AM)macnb Wrote: I booted DOS and ran flashit /? and it came back with protected mode exception.
That did not fill me with any confidence and did not want to risk bricking my laptop.

I happen to have a copy of Hiren boot CD on USB which has Mini Win XP.
I booted that and ran the Windows Insyde flasher that came with the modded BIOS.

All flashed OK and entered the BIOS with F2 key no problem.

First thing I noticed in the new Boot menu was UEFI Boot was enabled.
Seems to imply UEFI bios.

Time to experiment.

Have you had any success? Is everything working for you still?
find
quote
#17
I just followed macnb said and booted into Mini XP and ran Insyde flasher and it did the trick. Restarted the comp and pressed f2 and got the settings. Thanks BDMaster!
find
quote
#18
(06-30-2015, 09:12 AM)macnb Wrote: First thing I noticed in the new Boot menu was UEFI Boot was enabled.
Seems to imply UEFI bios.

I'm not able to boot into a UEFI shell, I simply get a blank black screen with a single white underscore.

There's no settings for UEFI aside from enabling it, no mention of Secure Boot. Not sure how much functionality was actually left in the ROM by Acer.
find
quote
#19
(06-29-2015, 03:33 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
to use that file from DOS You have to remove (cut away) 0x20000h bytes from head address 0x00000h then
file will be 4096 KB like Original DOS One !
Into that header there is the EC which will be flashed a part from DOS !
I hope You understand . . .

Here is the file for DOS use :

http://rghost.net/8jb4NGkxs

If You have same Bios version 1.12 You don't need to reflash EC too so just use this comand from
CLI Window C:\    . . .  :

flashit P4LJ0112.bin  /BIOS /B /n

Or use batch file BIOS.BAT
Regards

Donate to me . . . look into my Signature Wink

Hi Dude, 

Just coming on here to see if I could get access to the 1.12 modded bios please? Looking to open up the menus in my bios and need to disabled the onboard graphics to use in Premier Pro. 

Can see it is still online, but innaccesible. Sad
find
quote
#20
(02-20-2015, 07:26 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Acer Aspire 3830 - 4830 - 5830 - G - T - TG  TimelineX

Try this one (Bios v.1.12 Menu Tabs Unlocl + More Options) :

http://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

Hello BDMaster, 

it seems as the file is no longer available. Can you please upload it again?
I have an Acer Aspire 5830TG (Acer Support-Site).

Regards
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)