Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6512
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308168
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61529
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19931
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168383
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5960
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 510
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5464
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60706
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274658
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 638
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693458
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173964
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 914
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59518
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43053

Acer Aspire X3950 add i7-870 support
#1
Bought an old Acer X3950 for a garage PC, it had the original i3-540 processor in it when I bought it. It boots and runs Windows 7 great, but I wanted to upgrade the processor to an i7-870.

The Acer service manual states the the i7-870 was an option, so I thought I should be able to just swap it in. But neither of two i7-870 processors I have both do not boot. After the power button is pressed I get a black screen and a long beep and then two short beeps (this repeats).

The Acer service manual suggest a VGA or graphics error for this beep pattern, but the hardware seems fine since I can switch back to the i3-540 and all is well.

My issue seems similar to this post https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthre...?tid=37973. Possibly I need a microcode update, but I could not see how to do that myself.

I ran cpu-z and MEinfo and attached the results.

Any help would be great.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#2
Show a screenshot of Device Manager with expanded Display adapter node.
find
quote
#3
(08-18-2024, 01:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Show a screenshot of Device Manager with expanded Display adapter node.

Here is the screenshot of the display adapter. It is running the built in Intel graphics card, no other graphics cards installed.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#4
i7-870 hasn't integrated GPU. So you need to install any PCI-E graphics card.
find
quote
#5
(08-18-2024, 11:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: i7-870 hasn't integrated GPU. So you need to install any PCI-E graphics card.

Ah, I thought the integrated graphics would be on the mainboard. I will give that a try and report back.
find
quote
#6
I had an old Radeon HD 8490 OEM laying around, the lack of an external graphics card was the issue. Thank you for the help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)