Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p whitelist r...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6439
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14071
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3671
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225133
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309906
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62028
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169492
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6419

Acer/ECS SF2/661FX REV:1.1
#1
OOOPs I did it again.
I bought an Acer Aspire T310 with the above mentioned mainboard.
As ECS don't want to give me any update or unlocking of the BIOS I'm asking you guys, what you can do. I want to have the modules up to date and the BIOS-mods-splash and maybe if there is any features unlocked. Eventhough this PC is fast I want to try to make it even faster. I attached BIOS R03-A0 whatever that means...
If anyone can confirm there are some donors, I've found gigabyte, msi and foxconn using the same chipset with the same layout...


Attached Files
.bin   ACS25331.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 92)

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#2
I checked the FTP resources on the site, and I Googled a bit, and your SiS chipset doesn't seem to be popular enough to have new Option ROMs available. At least not easy to find ones. Here's some stuff unlocked... mostly memory-related and the settings are very coarse. Untested, try at your own risk.

If I feel bored enough then I'll try to find some newer OROMs, but I dunno. We'd probably be best off finding boards based on the chipset with the latest initial release date as most manufacturers don't update OROMs past that initial release unless they have to.


Attached Files
.zip   ACS25331-unlocked.zip (Size: 323.2 KB / Downloads: 73)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#3
I was afraid this could happen one day... Thanks anyway! This PC is getting new graphics, a TV-tuner, some sort of IR-stuff, an IDE(!!)-BluRayDisc-drive and a modified Windows XP 64 Media Center Edition. And then it will be connected to me brand new home-cinema-entertainment-station... I love late christmas gifts... Smile

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#4
Okay, I got bored and looked up some stuff. I found some MSI boards with the same chipset.

Unlocked
SATA RAID ROM 1.05 -> 1.07
SiS 6330 VGA ROM 0.98 -> 2.51 (big jump in version number, not sure why... I tried 2 MSI boards. One had 2.20 and one had 0.96.01 which is older than yours.)

EDIT: Found VGA ROM 2.51 at Wims, so changed it from the 2.20 to that.


Attached Files
.zip   ACS25331-UL-SATA107-VGA251.zip (Size: 324.14 KB / Downloads: 77)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#5
I will be watching this with interest , as thats quite a leap in version numbers!

Admin
find
quote
#6
So thanks anyway Dansolo! When finished downloading my XP MCE image I will flash that BIOS.
BTW for flashing various BIOSes it is a very good idea to make a freedos-installation before you install windows XP... Wink

[br]

It work flawless!! I don't know why, but the BIOS even showed me a few new options to set and the PC went up to 213 points more in 3Dmark 2005!!!

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#7
New options=stuff I unlocked. More points=newer VGA ROM. Glad it worked. Smile

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#8
Actually I don't even use the onboard VGA... And , OH, I didn't recognize the "unlocked" in your post what it is... Wink
Now the last thing is to change the DMI, the BIOS isn't made exclusive for Acer anymore, it is made for bios-mods.com and I want to reset the serial, anyone can help?

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#9
I don't know about the serial but I suppose I can change that Acer message... what do you want it to say?

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#10
made for bios-mods.com

And if you are just inside can you also replace the bootlogo?
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1513
would be nice... Wink THX anyways...

And if this also works we can put the whole thread to the unlocked section! Smile
Finally! Smile

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)