Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3533
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 156
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223594
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 229
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6728
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309463
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61893
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 558
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20207
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169113
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6251
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 757
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61092
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274925
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 876

Adding Core 2 Quad Q9505 support to a Duo motherboard (Intel 945GC chipset)
#1
So the motherboard version I have is a Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C, LGA 775.

The bios is here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...=2668#bios .

The only version I have tried to mod is the f4 version. I added micro code to the bios by following this guide http://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cp...enix-bios/ . The results I had were sort of successful, but it would freeze at the bios screen. It recognized the processor (Q9505) but nothing else. So, I tried flashing it the way you guys recommended with your utilities to see if I had more luck, but got a flashing message where it couldn't find the bios. Anyway, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you all if I was on the right or wrong track so if there is any more information you need be sure to let me know. (The attachment is the micro code I used)


.bin   cpu0001067a_plat00000011_ver00000a0b_date20100928.bin (Size: 8 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
Please tell sSpec of your new CPU.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
find
quote
#3
[attachment=11044 Wrote:DeathBringer pid='116275' dateline='1472418498']Please tell sSpec of your new CPU.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.


Hopefully this attachment will be sufficient   Big Grin . I had cpus switched so it took me a while to get them back. Thanks for your help btw.

On another maybe related note. The Pentiums needed the beta bios, f6d. I had one in and it didn't work. Froze at login.  Here is the interesting part both that Pentium and both have an "Intel ' 06 XXXX" marking on it, the one I'm using now is a ' 05. One is a 45nm and the other 65 nm. So, this time I'm using the f6d bios when I mod. I'll try that and you have your information. I'll post back. 


.html   SPARE.html (Size: 78.38 KB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#4
Nope, same results. Maybe you have something better in mind.
find
quote
#5
BIOS version F6d has needed microcode. But I think it's power incompatibility.
You can try Q9xxxS with TDP=65W.
find
quote
#6
(08-28-2016, 11:43 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: BIOS version F6d has needed microcode. But I think it's power incompatibility.
You can try Q9xxxS with TDP=65W.

The micro code attached on the original post has the same CPUID "1067a" as the Q9505s. Actually, the q9505 is listed as "1067ah" now that I look at it. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Int...736MG.html      http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLGYY.html. Otherwise, if they both use the same microcode, how will I force it to recognize it as the Q9505s?
find
quote
#7
You can't change TDP by BIOS editing.
find
quote
#8
(08-29-2016, 02:42 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: You can't change TDP by BIOS editing.

So what are you saying, use a different processor? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your help, but I don't understand what I need to do.
find
quote
#9
Try different processor with lower TDP. Q9505 has too high power consumption for your motherboard.
find
quote
#10
(08-29-2016, 03:18 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try different processor with lower TDP. Q9505 has too high TDP=95W.

Alright, I got you. Unfortunately I can't, but thanks anyway. If I ever have the chance, I will get back too you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)