Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424436
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20274
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

Adding Xeon X3323 support to a Compaq 8000 Elite USDT
#1
Hi everyone, I'm trying to add support for the X3323 to the Compaq 8000 Elite USDT (Q45 chipset) and hit a small hiccup. I followed the guide here, opened the rom in a hex editor and overwrote the microcode for cpuid 01067a with the corresponding 01067a for 771 cpus. I've attached both the original and my edited bios below.

When I passed the old and the new rom through intelmicrocodelist.exe I got this result:
   

Which seems to be alright, but when I tried to flash the rom using the patched HPQFlash the program attempts to flash it 4 times before failing and rolling back to the original rom. I'm not sure if I edited it incorrectly or if it's a problem with the patched HPQFlash.

HP's website also provides a DOS flasher (flashBin.exe). Should I attempt to flash the rom using that instead of HPQFlash? FlashBin also seems to be able to update microcode. Would it be possible to add the microcode using that (or overwrite an existing one)?

Here's the system running a C2D E7300. Thanks for any input  Big Grin
       
Code:
x3323
-----
sSpec    Stepping    CPUID
SLBC5    R0        1067A
7A 06 01 00
-----------------------------
E7300
-----
sSpec    Stepping    CPUID
SLAPB    M0        10676
76 06 01 00


Attached Files
.zip   roms.zip (Size: 3.82 MB / Downloads: 19)
find
quote
#2
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with Xeon X3323 on this motherboard.
find
quote
#3
Sorry I had trouble getting taking the internal metal cage out. I popped in the x3323 and when I turn it on I simply get a blank screen. The dvd-rom briefly spins up and then after about 10 seconds the cpu fan starts blowing like a vacuum cleaner. The screen is blank throughout this and I have to hold down the power button to power the computer off.
find
quote
#4
This BIOS use proprietary format and has digital sing. You can't edit it by hex-editor.
You can update microcode by other method, but you need to boot with Xeon in DOS.
No other way.
find
quote
#5
Ah that sucks. I take it you can only update microcode for processors that are already supported. Thanks for looking into it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)