Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424446
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309717
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6347
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Aspire 5100 BIOS Question
#1
Tongue 
What up!  Hey I am curious if the Aspire 5100 series can use MORE than 4 GB of RAM with an x64 version of Windows 7 Ultimate...  I have used this time honored machine (I rebuilt it  with new components and mobo)  The board is a Navarro serial # MB.ABE02.001.  I know it inside and out and have the ACER repair manual itself.  I have the latest BIOS v. 3.13 and I have wanted to take this machine up to 8 GB using two by fours.  Corsair only shows a kit of Two By Two GB.  Confused

I want to know if the BIOS can be modded to use over 8 GB using Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 10 x64.  I know they had an update somewhere from 3.11ish to 3.13 to use 4 GB surely it can go higher...  I have read where folks with this same lappy have had black screens come up after upgrading RAM.  I can't find any other answers to this anywhere.  I know the machine is an old gramps but it works for me and what I need.  Tongue

Corsair Part # CT51264AC667.M16FC DDR2 667Mhz PC2-5300 SODIMM.  It is I just don't want to buy RAM off Amazon or thebay and it NOT WORK and I get a black screen due to BIOS or board incompatibility as the RAM sticks are expensive! Angry Angry

Thanks and sry to be a pain!

Victory Over The Eccentric Because Reasonably Everyone Deserves Essential Social Equality Now Big Grin
find
quote
#2
Information 
Anyone?!  Almost a month later and nobody on this forum with all these intelligent users who have reprogrammed BIOSes and the like can't answer this question about a 12 year old machine?  Tongue Huh

Victory Over The Eccentric Because Reasonably Everyone Deserves Essential Social Equality Now Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)