Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227642
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

Asus M50sv and Nvidia 9650m upgrade
#1
The original 9500m GS partially fried last week so I bought a 9650m and I have modded the bios swapping the module from M50v bios.
The laptop boot and the gpu it's recognised from win 7 but I have only a problem, the fan now work always at the max speed. If I install the 9500m the fan work normally with this modded bios.
It's a big problem because the laptop it's too noisy... what can I do?
In the attachment you can see three rom: first it's original of my notebook, second it's my modded version and third it's M50v bios, this laptop mount the 9650m vga.


.zip   M50SVas.210.zip (Size: 519.11 KB / Downloads: 35)

.zip   M50SVas.210mod.zip (Size: 521.88 KB / Downloads: 66)

.zip   M50VAS.212.zip (Size: 736.2 KB / Downloads: 32)
find
quote
#2
Hm im not sure on this one mate as your laptop does boot and windows recognizes the gpu.

One interesting thing would be are there any settings in the original bios to control GPU fan? If so , do these bioss ettings work correctly with the swapped VGA module?

You can download and install Rivatuner from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163 which will allow you to change GPU fan settings from within windows

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
The problem it's inside the bios because the fan start at max speed when I push the power botton. Windows recognize che gpu but can't adjust the fan, tried also with Rivatuner and with a mod in the vbios.
Do you know if we can take any modules from the M50v bios?
find
quote
#4
Are you able to help me please?
find
quote
#5
sorry this isnt my area of expertise , which is why i didnt offer any further advice. Hopefully somebody else can help you

Best of luck

Kindest Regards
Admin
find
quote
#6
I'm not sure on this, but like ati catalyst aren't the fan speeds controlable in the NVIDIA Control Panel. If not, you may get away with replacing a VGA ROM from the other mobos mentioned, but were talking about a laptop so one bad flash and you are out of luck.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#7
Through some newly discovered content , we could also overclock your existing integrated VGA instead of replacing the ROM but this is extremely experimental

Admin
find
quote
#8
Hi!

Are you still around? If so, did you fix the problem?

No idea what is going wrong, but, one question : Can you see the temperature of the VGA card if you use any monitoring software? (e.g Nvidia Control Panel?)

Is there is only one fan? If so, it would have to be controlled by the main BIOS, which would read the CPU temperature, as well as the GPU temperature, and then put the fan speed to high if one of them is very hot; is it possible to see the GPU temp in the BIOS at all? does it say 0 degrees, or some other incorrect value?

If you are around, do check back; I am currently fitting an 9650M GT to my A8JS (original card = GeForce Go 7700!) so I'm sure I will come across a similiar issue!

ASUS A8JR : 3GB Ram, Nvidia 9650M GT 1GB Graphics (upgraded from 512MB Go7700 with custom BIOS). T7200CPU (with faster FSB and clock) - plug&play!
Apple Macbook Pro - top spec as of Mid 2012 - used it for a while, back to my ASUS as it as so much more flexible and usable!![/color]
find
quote
#9
(09-26-2010, 02:57 AM)jommoner Wrote: Hi!

Are you still around? If so, did you fix the problem?

No idea what is going wrong, but, one question : Can you see the temperature of the VGA card if you use any monitoring software? (e.g Nvidia Control Panel?)

Is there is only one fan? If so, it would have to be controlled by the main BIOS, which would read the CPU temperature, as well as the GPU temperature, and then put the fan speed to high if one of them is very hot; is it possible to see the GPU temp in the BIOS at all? does it say 0 degrees, or some other incorrect value?

If you are around, do check back; I am currently fitting an 9650M GT to my A8JS (original card = GeForce Go 7700!) so I'm sure I will come across a similiar issue!

HI!

I've the similar problem!!!

My laptop is an Asus M50vn with 9700m gt ddr3 (before was 9650m gt ddr2) and when I press the power button the fan run always at 100%...
I've a modded bios with a video rom from an Asus G50(which's the only that mount a 9700m gt).

P.S. initially Gpuz recognized my motherboard as an M50vn, and after, with the modded bios, Gpuz recognizes my motherboard as a "generic" M50V...! Could be an interesting info for you?

I hope that someone can help me!
find
quote
#10
Quote:HI!

I've the similar problem!!!

My laptop is an Asus M50vn with 9700m gt ddr3 (before was 9650m gt ddr2) and when I press the power button the fan run always at 100%...
I've a modded bios with a video rom from an Asus G50(which's the only that mount a 9700m gt).

P.S. initially Gpuz recognized my motherboard as an M50vn, and after, with the modded bios, Gpuz recognizes my motherboard as a "generic" M50V...! Could be an interesting info for you?

I hope that someone can help me!




Hi!

I don't know what to do about the M50 upgrades (the problem where the fan goes to 100%). I think that the fan is controlled by the main BIOS and there is some configuration somewhere that ASUS change in the M50 so that the BIOS can read that particular card. When we replace the vBIOS, it all works, but the main BIOS can't read the card temperature, so goes into emergency full-cooling mode to be safe.

Without an M50 here I don't know how we could work around this, unfortunately. Are there any fan control utilities that you could use to speed up / slow down the fan? If so it might be possible to somehow override the BIOS setting once you get into Windows / Linux / Other OS...

ASUS A8JR : 3GB Ram, Nvidia 9650M GT 1GB Graphics (upgraded from 512MB Go7700 with custom BIOS). T7200CPU (with faster FSB and clock) - plug&play!
Apple Macbook Pro - top spec as of Mid 2012 - used it for a while, back to my ASUS as it as so much more flexible and usable!![/color]
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)