Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424136
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223758
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119096
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309504
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61108
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

Asus P4S800-MX SE (VT6421 mod)
#1
Hello all,
This is my first post here, so congrats, a real informative website. So anyway I will outline my request and maybe you could help to find a solution as I am stumped at this point. Sorry in advance if my post is to long.

Motherboard - Asus P4S800-MX SE

So I have a VIA sata card (VT6421 controller) that I would like to utilise for the extra sata inputs. But to be able to do this, I need the card to be recognised by the "PC BIOS". So I replaced one of the "PC BIOS" modules with the "VIA BIOS rom". This works, but not in the way I would prefer.

I am utilizing the native motherboard SIS raid controller to run raid0 through the two sata inputs on the motherboard which I would prefer to keep. As it will be much faster than the southbridge bottle neck, if raid was used on the VIA sata card.

Now when I also add the VIA sata card and modded PC BIOS, my native SIS RAID Setup disappears eg: raid0 disk is no longer seen by the PC BIOS and the SIS RAID Setup screen no longer appears. Although the VIA RAID Setup screen seems to run in the place of the SIS one and work as expected.

So I tend to think that once the VIA RAID Setup is installed (modded PC BIOS), access to the SIS RAID Setup is no longer available, even if still selected in BIOS. How is it that the SIS RAID Setup section of code is no longer executable? It needs to run after the VIA code and then hand control to the hard drive (RAID0). Is it that the VIA RAID Setup section of code hands control to the hard drive as default, so that the other SIS code will never be executable? Could this be solved easily?

Thanks John10
find
quote
#2
Thanks for the compliments John, welcome to the forums.

In regards to your issue I would appreciate a copy of the modified bios you created. Also, did you replace the SIS option ROM with the VIA or are both inserted?

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
(08-14-2010, 02:30 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Thanks for the compliments John, welcome to the forums.

In regards to your issue I would appreciate a copy of the modified bios you created. Also, did you replace the SIS option ROM with the VIA or are both inserted?

Thanks,
TheWiz
I have attached the bios you requested, also I have originals if needed. With regard to option ROM replacement, I tried two approaches that worked.

The first mod, I deleted the 3rd PCI Option ROM listed by the app 'MMTool'. Then proceeded to insert the VIA bios. (working, but no sis raid)

The second mod, I tried deleting the OEM Logo. Then proceeded to insert the VIA bios. (working also, but no sis raid)

As you can see I do not have enough bios modding knowledge yet to answer your last question adequately. Still lots for me to learn, I hope this helps though.

John


Attached Files
.zip   BiosModJohn10.zip (Size: 792.85 KB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#4
These are the original bios as well. In case they are required.
Thanks John.


Attached Files
.zip   BiosOrigJohn10.zip (Size: 414.75 KB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#5
Wow I am still thinking this one out, butmy guess is that the header address is only forwarding to one of the option ROMs. Still in progress.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)