Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424224
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223927
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309554
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

{BIOS Unlock + Updated CPU + RAM} MINIX 890GX-USB3
#1
Hey so I have a MINIX 890GX-USB3 motherboard I'd like to have the BIOS modified for several reason.

1) Update CPU AGESA code and compatibility. I have a AMD FX 8320E Vishera I would like to use on this MB.
    NOTE: Supplied is MSI 890GXM-G65 BIOS which a FX 6300 Vishera worked just fine for refrence.

2) Unlock all BIOS setting

3) If possible Modify the BIOS compatibility to 16GB. This motherboard is limited to 8GB; however, I do not know if that is due to the lack of physical lanes going to the DIMMS or BIOS limitation that we can easily over come.

Please Help Out with what you can! Big Grin


Attached Files
.rar   MINIX 890GX-USB3 BIOS V1.1.rar (Size: 1.51 MB / Downloads: 21)
.zip   MSI 890GXM-G65 7642v1D.zip (Size: 1.29 MB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#2
This motherboard doesn't support AM3+ CPUs. Also it has a hardware limit for TDP=95W.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
find
quote
#3
(02-13-2018, 09:48 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This motherboard doesn't support AM3+ CPUs. Also it has a hardware limit for TDP=95W.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

I have a 8320e which is 95Watts. I'd like to give this motherboard a go again as I just found it in my garage once more. The motherboard theoretically should support the FX processor with the proper AGESA update however I am finding it very difficult to do so with any given tools. the MSI motherboard I referred to is very similar to the MINIX mother board. Both are 890, ddr3, AM3 sockets. Of course MSI has better support and came out with an update for the FX series CPU. Any idea where to start or what I would have to modify to get the code into their latest bios. When I compared the bios from MSI with FX support vs BIOS without FX support the biggest difference is the CPU AGESA is relocated elsewhere. If I try loading the newer bios on MMTOOL when I click on CPU patch mmtool pops up an error stating CPU MicroCode Patch Module does not exist in ROM image.

Edit: Also found out the motherboard supported 16GB when I popped it in with no problem. So all I truly need is to get the AGESA code on the motherboard to recognize the CPU.
find
quote
#4
It's too difficult and too expensive work.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)