Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 73
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424324
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224229
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309641
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169221
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61168

Bios doesn't boot unless I press esc-key for diagnostic screen?
#1
After many trial and error I succesfully updated my amd raid option rom with a newer version but bios wont boot unless I press esc-key? My southbridge is a amd sb700 chipset. Laptop is a FSC Xa 3530. Bios is a Phoenix 2.08. I can use Phoenix Bios Editor. I have also unlocked many hidden bios options and disable the splash screen to no avail. The bios doesn't boot without the splash screen and without pressing the esc-key (for diagnostic screen) either. But I would like to use the newest option-rom, too. Can I fix this somehow? I have also read about the possibility to write a loader for the option-rom. Is this possible?
find
quote
#2
(01-12-2013, 07:37 AM)Stoneage Wrote: After many trial and error I succesfully updated my amd raid option rom with a newer version but bios wont boot unless I press esc-key? My southbridge is a amd sb700 chipset. Laptop is a FSC Xa 3530. Bios is a Phoenix 2.08. I can use Phoenix Bios Editor. I have also unlocked many hidden bios options and disable the splash screen to no avail. The bios doesn't boot without the splash screen and without pressing the esc-key (for diagnostic screen) either. But I would like to use the newest option-rom, too. Can I fix this somehow? I have also read about the possibility to write a loader for the option-rom. Is this possible?

Success! Since I'm using an amd raid rom I post my patch for the misc.bin. I disassembled the misc.bin and permantently activated the esc-key sequence. Eventually it also solves the load to misc.bin error and maybe I can debug my error again and make a better patch?

<pre>
seg000:016B loc_16B: ; CODE XREF: seg000:00BBj
seg000:016B call sub_CB0
seg000:016E mov ds:byte_5A24, 0
seg000:0173 push bx
seg000:0174 call sub_DFE
seg000:0177 pop bx
seg000:0178 nop
seg000:0179 nop
seg000:017A call sub_26C
seg000:017D call sub_1F0
seg000:0180 mov cx, 0BB8h
seg000:0183
seg000:0183 loc_183: ; CODE XREF: seg000:019Cj
seg000:0183 mov ah, 1
seg000:0185 int 16h ; KEYBOARD - CHECK BUFFER, DO NOT CLEAR
seg000:0185 ; Return: ZF clear if character in buffer
seg000:0185 ; AH = scan code, AL = character
seg000:0185 ; ZF set if no character in buffer
seg000:0187 jz short loc_199
seg000:0189 xor ah, ah
seg000:018B int 16h ; KEYBOARD - READ CHAR FROM BUFFER, WAIT IF EMPTY
seg000:018B ; Return: AH = scan code, AL = character
seg000:018D cmp ax, 2106h
seg000:0190 jz short loc_1A0
seg000:0192 cmp ax, 1519h
seg000:0195 jz short loc_1A0
seg000:0197 jmp short loc_1BD
seg000:0199 ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
seg000:0199
seg000:0199 loc_199: ; CODE XREF: seg000:0187j
seg000:0199 call sub_2318
seg000:019C loop loc_183
seg000:019E jmp short loc_1BD
seg000:01A0 ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
seg000:01A0
seg000:01A0 loc_1A0: ; CODE XREF: seg000:0190j
seg000:01A0 ; seg000:0195j
seg000:01A0 mov ds:byte_5A5B, 1
seg000:01A5 mov ds:byte_573C, 0
seg000:01AA mov ds:byte_5A22, 0
seg000:01AF call sub_27E
seg000:01B2 mov ds:byte_5A21, 3
seg000:01B7 mov dx, 8
seg000:01BA jmp loc_2ED
seg000:01BD ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
seg000:01BD
seg000:01BD loc_1BD: ; CODE XREF: seg000:0197j
seg000:01BD ; seg000:019Ej
seg000:01BD call sub_F67
seg000:01C0 retf
</pre>
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)