Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424183
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223868
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309537
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6270
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274957

Bios mod to Replace 9500m gs with 9300m gs
#1
Hello everyone. Sorry for the long post, but it was necessary in order for me to fully explain my problem.
So here's the story, my 9500 M GS on my Asus M50SV died a few weeks ago and I just bought a 9300 M GS to replace it.
The laptop turns on and I can hear the bios chime, but there is no video signal sent to the screen or via the dsub port.
I know from exploring my bios in AMI MMTool (3.26) that the original bios version 207 can only recognize 8600M gt and 9500m gs as well as an ati graphics card.

That being said, I wanted to add a module to my bios, so I started by extracting the 9300M gs module from the M50VA's bios (same age laptop that came with the 9300M GS). So far, everything was going well.

When I tried to insert the module I extracted into thz m50sv bios, things got complicated. In fact, it would appear in the list with «POST» as module name, is that normal?

So all that beng said, here are my questions
-how do I add the 9300M GS module to my bios?
-once this module is added, how can I flash my bios with the modded rom? I heard about blind bios flash, booting while holding ctrl+home etc, but didn't work for me. Is there another way? Keep in mind I have no video signal, and that all the work I'm doing on MMTool is being done on another pc

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards
find
quote
#2
(09-19-2015, 09:50 PM)NB91 Wrote: Hello everyone. Sorry for the long post, but it was necessary in order for me to fully explain my problem.
So here's the story, my 9500 M GS on my Asus M50SV died a few weeks ago and I just bought a 9300 M GS to replace it.
The laptop turns on and I can hear the bios chime, but there is no video signal sent to the screen or via the dsub port.
I know from exploring my bios in AMI MMTool (3.26) that the original bios version 207 can only recognize 8600M gt and 9500m gs as well as an ati graphics card.

That being said, I wanted to add a module to my bios, so I started by extracting the 9300M gs module from the M50VA's bios (same age laptop that came with the 9300M GS). So far, everything was going well.

When I tried to insert the module I extracted into thz m50sv bios, things got complicated. In fact, it would appear in the list with «POST» as module name, is that normal?

So all that beng said, here are my questions
-how do I add the 9300M GS module to my bios?
-once this module is added, how can I flash my bios with the modded rom? I heard about blind bios flash, booting while holding ctrl+home etc, but didn't work for me. Is there another way? Keep in mind I have no video signal, and that all the work I'm doing on MMTool is being done on another pc

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards


Hi, did u ever figure out what to do with it? I have the same problem.
Thanks J.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)