Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309736
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Biostar A780L3 (AMD 760) FX-8230e AGESA update?
#1
Hi guys. This is my first post here. I usually read this forum and download tools from this site, so this is the first time opening a thread. 

I recently received a brand new FX-8230e CPU as a gift, and I was hoping to use it in my SFF PC currently running an aging Athlon X4 620. The motherboard I have is a Biostar A780L3, and official CPU support ends at the 125w Phenom X6 series - no FX cpu support from Biostar

After a little research I found out there are AMD 760 chipset boards that support the FX series CPUs - from Asus, Gigabyte and Asrock, so I took matters into my own hands and attempted to insert AGESA v6.1.0.0 microcode into the latest BIOS.

The Good: The machine Posted normally with the Athlon X4, displaying CMOS Checksum bad. This went away after I reset CMOS.
The Bad: It still won't POST with the FX-8230e Sad

What did I do wrong? Does the BIOS need more then the AGESA microcode? 

Below you can find the motherboard's original bios (OLD.ROM) , the latest bios from Biostar's website (LATEST.BIN - I renamed it for convenience), and the bios I inserted AGESA microcode into (780FXV1.BIN). The board uses AMI bios.

Can someone help get the FX-8320e working on this board?


.rom   old.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 8) - old bios I was running on the board


.rom   latest.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 10) - latest bios off the biostar website


.rom   780fxv1.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 9) - latest bios with AGESA v6.1.0.0 added by me with MMTOOL.

I know the rules require me to post a screenshot from Aida64 CPUID page, but seeing as I don't own a board that can post with the AMD FX cpu, I don't see how I could do that. What I can give you is what's written on the CPU I want to use:

AMD FX™
FD832EWMW8KHK
FA 1531PGS
Y883244H50508

Aditional info from CPU-World:
Core: Vishera
Core stepping: OR-C0
CPUID: 600F20


I can post a screenshot of the CPUID page running the Athlon X4 CPU, but I don't see how that would help...
find
quote
#2
Can someone tell me if it is at least possible - or should I just save up and buy a new board?
find
quote
#3
I think it's impossible.
find
quote
#4
(01-07-2016, 11:21 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I think it's impossible.

Crap. Oh well, new MB it is. Thanks for the help anyway.
find
quote
#5
(01-07-2016, 01:21 PM)kanecvr Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 11:21 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I think it's impossible.

Crap. Oh well, new MB it is. Thanks for the help anyway.

There's actually a physical reason this won't work.  FX series uses a 3.4 MHz VID while AM3 socket can only handle a 400 KHz VID.  There's an additional pin used for this, and unless your board is marked as an AM3+ board, the manufacturer hasn't soldered the connection in the socket.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)