Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14001
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424470
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224555
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169331
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

Bois mod needed for upgrading cpu to t9300 ES for Toshiba Satellite L200
#1
Hello, Gurus and Masters 

I have an old laptop Toshiba Satellite L205 (L200 series), bios version 2.1 . With intel chipset GL960. cpu t2330(meron).
When I upgrade cpu to t9300 ES and x9000 ES, the screen is in black all the time. cup fan shut down after running a short while.
It seems bios doesn't contain the correct microcode for the cpus. I am looking forward to receive a newer bios from  manufacture or 
a moded bios include microcode i need.  The Toshiba bios is not available now. I attach a backup bios from my loptop. somehow it's 
not readable to my bios editor. It's a pheonix bios.

Thanks a lot,

Sean


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               

.rom   BIOS.ROM (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show photos of your ES CPUs from top.
find
quote
#3
(09-25-2018, 11:03 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show photos of your ES CPUs from top.

In case of the RW everything reports is helpful, I add it too.


Attached Files
.rar   AcpiTbls.rar (Size: 55.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#4
Look at your CPUs. Read sSpec on them.
Q4JJ and Q4HQ has FSB=1066 MHz
But chipset GL960 support FSB=800 Mhz maximum.
find
quote
#5
I don't know if they are downwards compatible. I do know t9300 is work at FSB=800 Mhz offically.
https://ark.intel.com/products/33917/
Further, is ES better than normal version? I think the other way.
It seems all the core 2 duo mobile cpus equipped with 1066 Mhz FSB. We don't use the maxim frequency.
As my knowledge, GL960 support as high as t9500 cpu in pratical.
http://itbbs.pconline.com.cn/15927548.html 
It's a Toshiba k22 laptop, bios version 2,2 . I may need one step forward upgrade to the bios natively support t9xxx cpus.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#6
You haven't T9300 (ES). You have T9600 (ES) & T9400 (ES)
ES is engineering sample. They are usually worse than "normal version".
find
quote
#7
(09-25-2018, 01:10 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: ES is engineering sample. They are usually worse than "normal version".

As my kowledge, I can have t9300, t9500, X7800, X7900, X9000. I don't think ES adding any difference to that.
find
quote
#8
(09-25-2018, 01:55 PM)sean_han Wrote: I can have t9300, t9500, X7800, X7900, X9000.
But you have none of them.
find
quote
#9
I get it now. I was cheated by sellers. t9400es for t9300 es; t9600es for x9000es. What a country! full of cheaters.
Thank you for your time.
find
quote
#10
T8100, T8300, T9300 and T9500 are recommended for your laptop.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)