Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224573
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Brick Packard Bell iMedia S2110
#1
Hello,
--- Sorry I've write in Award section. Is it possible to put my message in AMI section ? Thanks---


i'm not sure to write  on the good forum but I've brick the bios of a friend's computer. I think if you can modify bios you know how to restore a bios.

My frien have problem with sata and usb3. On Packard Bell site it's recommended to update the bios. Update and verifin is OK...
But when I restart I've only blank screen, fan on, powerled on.
I tried to clear cmos with jumper, remove the battery and search other solution on you site.
So I test global solution for bios AMI (Aptio): put file rom (P11-A2L.CA) on usb fat32 flashdrive.
It's bad because I don't know file name and extension (try to rename amiboot.rom...). And I don't know caps keyboard to press. I try ctrl+home, ctrl+esc, ctrl+end,windows+b)


For the name I try  Andy P’s SLIC too but the soft say "Bios size no valid"

What do you thing is wrong ? Is bios found on Packard Bell is really correct and complete (desktop->iMedia xx.U7J (=s2110) ? Do you knox combinaison keyboard ? do you know name and extension for the file

For infomation motherboard D1F-AD is made by acer. It seems the same as dekstop ACER ASPIRE AX 1430

Thak you very much by advance
Sorrry for my english

Casimirou
find
quote
#2
If you knowan other bios for acer or other compatible it's not a problem for me. If i must solder wiring with RS232, SPI or JTAG i can too

Have a good day
find
quote
#3
Hello

I progress
I connect a buspirate with flashrom.
I can import the original bios/rom corrupted

I erase the flash MX25L3206E
When i want to write with the bios foubd on acer site the size is too big so I erase a few bits on the begin because the end is similar.
I reboot the PC. I ear beep: OK, ... and iIve a result on screen. I can open setup bios.: HDD, videoboard, CPU are recognized.

Problem I can't boot because "It's not a boot dikj or failed".

I search and try different solution in Bios parameter and i discovered my motherboard is "vierge": no serial, no refernece, no splash screen Packard Bell but a logo Acer(the real manufacturer" of the motherboard

Is it possible to merge the bios found on site (certainly without serial number information" and my dump corrupted.

I tried differnet merge but I can't boot with them

Thank you very much


Attached Files
.zip   P11B3sizeadapted.zip (Size: 2.18 MB / Downloads: 16)
.zip   pboriginalcorrupted.zip (Size: 244.61 KB / Downloads: 3)
.zip   P11B3.zip (Size: 2.18 MB / Downloads: 18)
find
quote
#4
Solved:
I've downloader the correct bios from PackarBell (the two are OK)
I erase the begin ( 00 00 00 00...) of the hex because the rom is a little too big (~4100ko vs ~4000ko).
I test your software to verify if it's recognized
I flash with buspirate on Windows (it's probably better tou use linux)
The computer is now be able to splash the boot screen, bios and say "cmos error"
Connect HHD, CDROM, parameter bios(clock, HDD, no secure boot) and ... reboot
I 've disk missing or non booting.
I try to install W8: Ok; Serial Number is OK but no memory in UEFI. It's not a so bad thing
Packard Bell PC is now alive. Updated with 8.1 compatible too

Perhaps:
- no serial number in bios for mother board
- no name for motherboard
- Slashscreen is now "ACER" and not Packard Bell. It's amazing because i've downloaded the bios on PackardBell site

Good continuation
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)