Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223933
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6274
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Bricked Laptop aopen 1557/MS2141
#1
Brick 
Hello,
some years ago I bricked my laptop. It is an old one but as fun I wanted to recover it.
Whats happened. For some years ago I made a bad bios flash, but was recoverable over crisis disk. But I did not stopped and played again with bios. I tried to backup an bios with some tool over dos. As I remember it was not the official phlash tool but something universal. Backup went well so I also tried to flash it back. But in flash process I have seen some red markers that some sectors was not written all right. And it happened again, no boot. Of course I tried to recover the bios with crisis disk but did not helped. So I let the laptop sleeping for some years again. Now I desoldered the chip and flashed over raspberry PI first 7FFFFh data from WPH file and soldered back. But the laptop remains not working. Only fan is ON and power LED. Does anybody of you have an idea what could happened? Why is it not booting anymore?
chip is: sst49LF004A it communicates on firmware hub bus
attachments:
zaloha2.bin: it is a backup of the bricked bios, only to 7FFFFh are valid data, over 7FFFFh was the chip read from beginning again
bios.wph: this is bios which was first working to flash over crisis disk, flashed only first 7FFFFh of data
verify.bin: after flashing I read the bios again to verify if the flash is allright
laptop: http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=1638 my has slightly different configuration, it has Radeon 9600 graphics and better display
bios: it is a PHOENIX bios
I am welcome for any help and idea, I know it is a piece of crap, but makes fun and it was my first laptop Wink
Best regards
standal


Attached Files
.wph   bios.wph (Size: 513.62 KB / Downloads: 1)
.bin   verify.bin (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 1)
.bin   zaloha2.bin (Size: 512.25 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)