Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424483
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

Bricked Lenovo G580 (20150) UEFI need suggestions
#1
Step 1: Don't ignore flashing warnings. I got a message about the BIOS being smaller than the normal size, and it will truncate. I think I had a bad download. Ignore warning because I've breezed through this plenty of times before. Oops.

Anyway, I've tried using WINCRISIS and various other methods to revive this machine via USB stick. The system powers on, and the cd-rom makes a noise, but nothing happens. If I do Fn+R or Fn+B, plug in and press power... the fan goes full speed, and the cd-rom makes a noise. My USB drive has a light on it, but it never lights up so I assume it's not being accessed. I've left the system run for 30mins or more and nothing happens.

Do I have any other options? I have a hard time getting the BIOS extracted from Lenovo, but I was able to run the exe on my main PC which froze it.. however after rebooting I was able to get the .WPH from my TEMP folder.

BIOS: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...7ww_64.exe
The WPH is: 62CN40WW.WPH and it is 4096KB

Anyone tried to recover this? The laptop was a refurb and it's basically garbage (Core i3, Win 8 UEFI) but if I can save it I'd like to.
find
quote
#2
Unfortunately the G580/Z580 has no bios recovery.

You have 2 options

1. Buy external SPI HW programmer to program BIOS chip

2. Replace motherboard
find
quote
#3
(08-01-2015, 08:08 PM)LosSantosPro Wrote: Unfortunately the G580/Z580 has no bios recovery.

You have 2 options

1. Buy external SPI HW programmer to program BIOS chip

2. Replace motherboard

3. Toss in Recycle Garbage can Smile

I figured this was the case. Thank you for the tip! Hopefully this will help someone else via Google Search.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)