Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224899
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119212
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169444
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Bricked Lenovo L390 Yoga after BIOS update
#1
Hello everyone!
I'm struggeling with a Lenovo Thinkpad L390 Yoga (type 20NT) for many ours now an still making no progress. After a BIOS update over the official Windows-exe from the Lenovo-support website the Thinkpad does not boot anymore. The screen stays completly black, and after 30s or so after turning it on, there comes a loud beeping-melody.
It turns out, I can decode the melody with a Lenovo-Smartphone App, and it contains a error-code. The code is: 0285 and it means "TCG-compliant functionality-related error (might be the TPM initialization failure)"
First I tried to reset the BIOS by removing the internal battery and the cmon battery from the motherboard, error appears unchanged. So, I think the BIOS flash really went wrong.
Than I found this nice forum and tried the steps described in BIOS Recovery. So I tried the things with FN+B, FN+R, WIN+B and WIN+R, but I'm note sure if I have to Phoenix or the Insyde Recovery. In both ways it is described that I have to rename my bios file before I copy it to my usb stick. Unluckely, I didn't find the filename for my Model. Also, I'm not sure, if I really have the right bios file for my board.
I downloaded the exe from the lenovo website. After running it, I selected I want to extract the files only. In the extracted folder, there are many files now, but only a few interesting:
BootX64.efi (1514kb) in the root directory of the folder
$0ar1000.fl1 (38002kb) in the subfolder R10ET48P
$0ar1000.fl1 (38002kb) in the subfolder R10ET48W
I only tried to recover the BIOS with the last two files, but I've read that the file size must be a multiple of 1024kb, so I'm unsure if this are the right files.
What did I do wrong? Is there a chance to recover the BIOS with the FN+R (or the other combinations), or do I have to buy SPI PGM+ Clip tools (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575)
Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#2
Hi, I'm exactly in the same situation. Did you manage to fix this DrJones?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)