Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424471
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224557
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169332
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

Bricked Lenovo Y410P BIOS
#1
Hi BIOS community Smile,

I have a Lenovo Y410P laptop and I recently made the mistake of trusting (and running) Lenovo's current BIOS update (3.08), which appeared to finish running the flash utility and restart the laptop, but after restarting it does not post. Upon pressing the power key the display never turns on, the power light and keyboard LED's turn on and are illuminated for ~10 seconds before the laptop power cycles and tries again infinitely. 

I tried researching the problem for the past 2 days and have tried creating a FAT16, 1Gb partition on an 8Gb USB-pen drive (the other 7Gb is unpartitioned/unformatted) and loading the Crisis BIOS .bin file ("Yx01.bin"), as per an online guide found here. Using the Fn+R, (or Fn+B) keys I have had no results, unfortunately. It seems the laptop is indifferent to the keys I hold down. I have tried 12 or so different combinations I've seen online but none of them seem to have an effect. The USB drive's activity LED illuminates steadily for a second immediately after power-up, then never again until the next power cycle.  I believe this is just a normal power-up effect however, as the same happens to the LED's on a USB keyboard I tried attaching. Perhaps the USB is not set-up correctly, or the problem goes deeper...

Being thorough.. I've also tried WINCRIS from the linked guide but no amount of compatibility/administrator options could make the program run, I'm hoping to try it again tomorrow on another computer (without Windows 10).

I don't think my skills can take me any further so I'm reaching out to all of you with greater experience who might be able to save my beloved laptop!

Thank you in advance!!

Avery
find
quote
#2
Hello,

Did you solved the problem? I have the same problem !!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)