Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224574
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Bricked Pavilion Dv6 3153, please help! and conclusion
#1
Hey all!I need some help with a BIOS I have that I flashed the BIOS to a newer version. I flashed the BIOS using the correct file and the update was sucessfull. Somehow, after I rebooted, it will no longer post. I tried to create a bootable pendrive for bios recovery with the correct batch file and a copy of the bios file, I tried to use HP BIOS Update UEFI saved in a pendrive and a pendrive with dos system startup but it didnt seem to work. My laptop is a HP Pavillion DV6 3153ss an the BIOS file is a Insyde F.23, the filename packaged in the HP site is sp50942.exe and the BIOS file is 01448F23.bin. After thousand attempts and a lot of reading, I concluded that I need the signed file, but I dont have because I deleted the HD recovery partition, and also i cannot acces to HD because my laptop is bricked. I have read that some people have managed to recover BIOS with a .sig file from another laptop with the same BIOS file, and i think that this is the last chance for my computer, please someone could send me your .sig file!!!, the file named 01448.sig and is in the HP recover partition. Thanks advance, and sorry for my bad English, I'm Spanish.

P.D. Excuse me admin for publishing this thread in wrong forum, sorry!!!
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...p50942.rar

&

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...-USB--7214

+

what i have told you in the PM. Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Hi,

Sorry wasn't sure if I should have started a new thread but seemed to make sense up reply to this one. I have a dv6 3141ea which appears to be bricked.. When I turn on the screen does not turn.. If I pull the cmos battery out I would get a messages from what I can remember about checksums not matching and the machine would restart back to a black screen... I have tried all the methods suggested on the forums but I cant seem to get anything to work. Im using a flash drive formatted to fat32.. I have tried grabbing the bin from this bio's updater here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...0&sw_lang=

and chucked the renamed .bin in your base structure that you have available to download from your sticky but I still get no beeps and the laptop will either just sit running with the caps lock key flashing or it will just keep turning on and off in a loop every 10 seconds or so... I hear no beeps although I no some systems do not necessarily beep.

I see you have put together a bios recovery setup above but looks like this is for an intel system.. Would this work on my amd system or could someone please put something together to help me out!? or even point me in the right direction.

If you require any further info please ask... Would really like to unbrick my £600 investment.. Tongue

Thanks guys!
Tom

PS I was trying to enable AHCI.. On updating bois it booted fine and went in to bios once.. AHCI was available to select.. It then went to the blank screen with blinking caps lock state after the next power up..
find
quote
#4
I will upload sp50942 files needed to use with the base pack for recovery.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(12-14-2011, 03:28 AM)camiloml Wrote: I will upload sp50942 files needed to use with the base pack for recovery.

Thank you very much camiloml! Would a modified version also be available to unlock AHCI? I am trying to use a 60gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD with the laptop and it keeps Blue Screening.. I'm presuming this is because it is not set to AHCI as I have updated the drivers firmware and is working fine in my 2600k i7 machine. I appreciate you help so far so if not ill just stick to the oem drive. Smile

Thanks!
Tom

Laptop
HP dv6-3141ea Laptop with 60gb ocz agility 3 ssd ( Now un bricked! Big Grin )

Desktop
Asus p8z68 Motherboard, Corsair AX1200 PSU, Intel i7 2600k, Corsair H80 Cooler, 16gb Corsair XMS3 Ram, 240GB Force 3 Corsair SSD, 2x GTX 580 SLI, Asus Xonar D2X sound card.
find
quote
#6
Ok, let's try something.

The file i linked you two posts up named Recovery_sp50942 has all files into it.

Take a pendrive, if you have a 256Mb or 512Mb better than a 4Gb or 8Gb. The smaller the better.

Format it FAT or FAT32 and name it HP_TOOLS

unpack the recovery file on the root of the fresh formatted pendrive.

Remove battery pack from the laptop, remove AC cord.

Plug the created pendrive into any USB port.

Plug AC cord. And press power on. Wait and preay for it to reboot itself correctly recovered.

There's no need to press any combo at power on. so at the moment forget about the WIN-B, FN-ESC, four arrows and so on. Just follow exactly step by step what i have written here.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
Hi!

Followed the above steps with a 256mb flash drive freshly formatted to FAT and named as HP_TOOLS. Contents from your rar file above copied to the drive. Plug in to the usb with power cord and battery removed. Plugged in power and waited a few seconds before hitting the power button. The machine then turns on and the flash drives activity light flashes. The machine stays on for around 10 seconds and then just reboots and loops over and over. The only time that I have seen so fat that the machine hasnt gone in to this loop is when I place the same folder structure and a .bin on to a small fat32 partition on the hard drive that HP_TOOLS that I created.. I have since removed this partition from the drive to avoid confusion.

Thanks again for your help so far! Smile

Laptop
HP dv6-3141ea Laptop with 60gb ocz agility 3 ssd ( Now un bricked! Big Grin )

Desktop
Asus p8z68 Motherboard, Corsair AX1200 PSU, Intel i7 2600k, Corsair H80 Cooler, 16gb Corsair XMS3 Ram, 240GB Force 3 Corsair SSD, 2x GTX 580 SLI, Asus Xonar D2X sound card.
find
quote
#8
hmmm, try a different pendrive Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
Haha.. Tried a 256, 512, 8gb and 16gb now.. lol.. Tried both fat 16 and 32 on each flash drive.. DD'd and reformatted on an open bsd machine to make sure all were 100% nuked/clean. Could my bios be 100% screwed? Tongue

Update: For a while when i removed the cmod battery I would not see the checksum message.. Just removed the battery and put it back in and I have the checksum message back... Can you use a CD-R instead of a flash drive!? Thinking it might be another option!?

Laptop
HP dv6-3141ea Laptop with 60gb ocz agility 3 ssd ( Now un bricked! Big Grin )

Desktop
Asus p8z68 Motherboard, Corsair AX1200 PSU, Intel i7 2600k, Corsair H80 Cooler, 16gb Corsair XMS3 Ram, 240GB Force 3 Corsair SSD, 2x GTX 580 SLI, Asus Xonar D2X sound card.
find
quote
#10
Just tried a cd-r and she seems to be reading the disk a lot... If I remove cmos battery so checksum message appears then hit enter with cd in drive it reads disk for about a minute then the laptop shuts down.. But when I power back on I just get the black screen still. Talk about working in the dark! haha..

The more I look at this the more I think the .bin and .sig in the rar you created for the op is prob not the same as the ones for the 3141ea.. Sad I'd love to have our knowledge of all this Camilo.

Laptop
HP dv6-3141ea Laptop with 60gb ocz agility 3 ssd ( Now un bricked! Big Grin )

Desktop
Asus p8z68 Motherboard, Corsair AX1200 PSU, Intel i7 2600k, Corsair H80 Cooler, 16gb Corsair XMS3 Ram, 240GB Force 3 Corsair SSD, 2x GTX 580 SLI, Asus Xonar D2X sound card.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)