Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6361
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424488
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224606
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169363
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

CPU BIOS Mod Request - MSI MS-163K - Q9000
#1
Howdy,

According to MSI's website, the Q9000 quad core is a qualified component for the MS-163K. I'm not getting POST so I'm assuming MSI's website is in error.

I'm aware there may be a power issue rather than BIOS issue b/c it is 45W. I wouldn't have gotten the CPU though if it weren't listed as QC.

So I'm requesting a BIOS mod as a last ditch effort before I sell the CPU on eBay and get a faster dual core. I do music recording (the program I use supports multithreading) which is why I wanted to try the quad over a faster dual core.

Original BIOS: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/VR603.html#/?div=Download

Potential donor BIOS: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT725.html#/?div=BIOS

I tried loading the RW everything report but the board wouldn't let me. Sad

thanks!!



find
quote
#2
I just finish updating the cpu microcode for your bios. Here is the link to the modded bios.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsadhfj84zds3fr

When I was looking at your bios I found a microcode Identical to the microcode for the q9000, but decided to leave it since it did not affect Newly implemented microcode
find
quote
#3
(02-09-2012, 03:34 PM)dellon122 Wrote: I just finish updating the cpu microcode for your bios. Here is the link to the modded bios.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsadhfj84zds3fr

When I was looking at your bios I found a microcode Identical to the microcode for the q9000, but decided to leave it since it did not affect Newly implemented microcode

Thanks so much! Good news is I successfully flashed the BIOS and it runs fine. Bad news is I still don't have POST with the Q9000. I'm thinking now that maybe it is a bad CPU, especially if you saw Q9000 microcode in the old BIOS. It was a "manufacturer's refurb" on eBay so I'll see if I can return it as DOA.

Thanks for trying though. I really appreciate it!

find
quote
#4
(02-09-2012, 03:34 PM)dellon122 Wrote: I just finish updating the cpu microcode for your bios. Here is the link to the modded bios.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsadhfj84zds3fr

When I was looking at your bios I found a microcode Identical to the microcode for the q9000, but decided to leave it since it did not affect Newly implemented microcode
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I have laptop computer: roma 3001 with t3100 cpu. I recently bought q9000 CPU and tried installing it into my laptop but failed to boot my system. The laptop does not boot at all and I have black screen and continuum of sleep mode powers up again again and again in this endless black screen

my bios is: Advent Roma Phoenix 1.06AD, Chipset GL40

I was wondering if you could help me to run q9000 processor. I hope I will not cause you inconvenience but it seems you the only person who understands how to solve this.

Please help me
find
quote
#5
(08-01-2015, 01:08 PM)turbo mode Wrote: my bios is: Advent Roma Phoenix 1.06AD, Chipset GL40

I was wondering if you could help me to run q9000 processor.
Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset supports FSB equal to 667 and 800 Mhz only. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500 is the best for this chipset.
So you can't start Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9000 on your laptop.
P.S. I can't find BIOS for your laptop to download.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)